Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Required to join Safe contractor

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jango

Has any of you, been asked to join the above, I do a commercial job, which after 25 years is now going to Safe contractor. Had a quick browse at their website, looks like you pay them to join on a yearly basis. Any thoughts? 

i looked into it when I was starting up and thought if I did get work it would be a bit too large for me to handle.  As I do a variety of different cleaning tasks, the H&S policies, proceedures and paperwork for each task would be quite time consuming for a sole trader too. 

For the cost, if youre set up for bigger contracts, and have a limited service offering, then I would imagine it would pay for itself quite quickly.  There are quite a few facility management firms who need the H&S box ticked to sub the work out.

You have to work out if this job is worth the time and cost to gain safe contractor.

I have it.It cost me around £260 -£300 a year can't quite remember and if you don't have much in the way of health and safety the first years audit can be time consuming.

Thank you for your replies. I am a sole trader. In my first year of self employment. I worked previously for someone. my main work is domestic, rather than commercial. Is there a lot involved for wfp window cleaning, as regards health and safety, obviously warning signs of trailing hose, and general common sense?

If your mainly domestic then don't bother.

You will need a health and safety policy and copies of your RAMS you will have an audit on various health and safety aswell as first aid and accident reporting I can't quite remember as I joined them years ago_Once you have it in place it gets easier the following year when you renew.

Back