Carts69

What size wheelie bin

Carts69

Hi all, just wondering what size wheelie bin I need to keep a 21 litre washer going, I see many sizes available 140 litre, 240 litre etc, I’m looking for the smallest practical one as room in the van is limited, let’s base it on good pressure feeding the bin?

THL4KEL

Either mate but keep an eye on which ever one you pick to make sure the flow rate is enough for continuous use. I always start pressure washing close to where my bin is placed to keep an eye on the tap flow rate. If its terrible I reduce revs or pressure wash for 5 min, stop sweep/bag, wait for it to refill and restart...

Carts69
8 minutes ago, THL4KEL said:

Either mate but keep an eye on which ever one you pick to make sure the flow rate is enough for continuous use. I always start pressure washing close to where my bin is placed to keep an eye on the tap flow rate. If its terrible I reduce revs or pressure wash for 5 min, stop sweep/bag, wait for it to refill and restart...

Thank you buddy, good pointer there 

scottish cleaning service

I thought we all use the 240l one that you get from the council. Handy for keeping things in when its in your van. Pick them up for free from the council if you say you are recycling a lot of stuff, the colour doesn't matter unless you are working in a religious area.

Pjj

We use the 240 ltr and let it fill before starting this helps in areas of low water pressure, also as you said when it’s in the van you can hug hoses or lances in it to save space 

Big sul

I also use the 240lr bin keep all my hoses in it so it's all ready for pressure washing.
Arrive on job.
Unload bin .
Start filling up with water .
Set up pressure washer.
When it's half full I can start.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Carts69
2 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I thought we all use the 240l one that you get from the council. Handy for keeping things in when its in your van. Pick them up for free from the council if you say you are recycling a lot of stuff, the colour doesn't matter unless you are working in a religious area.

Didn’t think of that 👍 240 it’s is then, cheers