Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

12v Controllers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DavieB

I currently use a shur-flo pump and varistream controller, which is great as my battery is fully charged everyday due to the location of my work, so never have any issues. The two lads with me use cheap 12v pumps and controllers from eBay as per the images, which they prefer, They've never had a problem with them (controller image 2). I recently thought, lets try a different controller, so changed them to the (controller image), the problem is that the controllers won't work without the engine running. I fully charged the battery and it makes no difference, does anyone know why this is? I never had a problem with the other cheap controllers from eBay only this one. If I can't get this remedied, then I may end up buying the shur-flo pump and varistream controllers for them, but all about keeping costs to a minimum  Thanks for any help or suggestions.

p[4].jpg

Controller.jpg

Controller 2.jpg

I suspect you have a faulty controller.   It will probably have a low voltage cut off that is set wrong.   When you start the engine, the voltage will rise to over 14v.  If the cutoff is set wrongly to say 13v, it’s not going to work when the battery drops to anything below 13v

Latest Posts

Back