Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Download Our IOS and Android App! Read more... ×
P4dstar

Dirty Carbon Hands

adamangler

Fingerless gloves are the answer.

I always have black carbon hands as I hate wearing gloves, on and off all day then they get wet through.

Found some fingerless ones the other week and I have them on all day no need to take them off and my hands are in much better nick.

Sintesi

Juice of a lemon and a sprinkling of sugar.Better than any off the shelf solution and will leave your hands feeling replenished

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

RWCleaning

Old roofers trick, smear some glue (pva or something similar) over your hands, then stick your hands in a pile of saw dust. 

P4dstar
13 minutes ago, RWCleaning said:

Old roofers trick, smear some glue (pva or something similar) over your hands, then stick your hands in a pile of saw dust. 

Sounds like a trick you play on the apprentice 😂

Neilmnwc

I was wearing the thin Mechanic style gloves but they wear through quite quickly in between the thumb and forefinger.

The best ones for me are 'Cutter' brand leather work gloves, They're usually about £9 and last months. Being leather you hands breath.

jason1965
On 09/11/2018 at 21:19, P4dstar said:

My pole has recently started covering my hands in carbon. It doesn't wash off, I tried a nail brush but it didn't shift it. Has anyone got any tips for getting them clean?

i have the same problem, best thing i have is one of them stones that people use to remove cigarette stains from there fingers, i think its a pumice stone.