Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Before you waste time.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J and S

Friday morning pulled on the pole hose and nothing...poured some hot water down pole hose thinking univalve frozen still nothing...same on coupling pole hose to reel hose.....pulled coupling off pump to reel hose on reel and water comes out.....scratch my head and turn pump off and on again and still no water out of brush.....light bulb moment....turn up calibration it's very cold water in tank and voila.

Auto calibrated a new pump on Saturday for the new guy. So I'm then checking his windows and saying rinse this rinse that and I'm re-cleaning a couple for him so constantly telling him to rinse more.... Then on the last house I discovered I'd left the flow at 30 (calibration mode) instead of around 65.... ?

Auto calibrated a new pump on Saturday for the new guy. So I'm then checking his windows and saying rinse this rinse that and I'm re-cleaning a couple for him so constantly telling him to rinse more.... Then on the last house I discovered I'd left the flow at 30 (calibration mode) instead of around 65.... ?
Bet you were ready to lynch the poor sod ?

Had to bang it up to 75 from 55 to get it going then after an hour back down a bit to 65.
Seems odd that your Cal setting is so high mine is only at 35 and my pump is nearly 8 years old, out of curiosity what pump are you using and how old is it. 

Took my controller off yesterday after it was playing up dead ending for no apparent reason

Can honestly say in the 6 months I've had them I've only ever used them on 99.

I don't really see the point of them, in fact I've just ordered a 7lpm pump so I can get more flow as even full wack doesn't seem enough to me.

Found the real fault when I had nearly finished.....tank to pump connection was inserted but not locked in properly so probably nothing to do with calibration......was told by PF guy to run at 45 normally and when cold 55......it won't deliver water properly at 45 in really cold conditions I've tried it.

Took my controller off yesterday after it was playing up dead ending for no apparent reason

I don't really see the point of them, in fact I've just ordered a 7lpm pump so I can get more flow as even full wack doesn't seem enough to me.
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-pack-of-5-1-0mm-welding-tips/   you will get much more powerful rinse without having to run the pump at a higher setting 

Found the real fault when I had nearly finished.....tank to pump connection was inserted but not locked in properly so probably nothing to do with calibration......was told by PF guy to run at 45 normally and when cold 55......it won't deliver water properly at 45 in really cold conditions I've tried it.
Earlier this year I was losing pressure at the brush and checked everything but no joy until I was advised to change https://purefreedom.co.uk/product/shurflo-pump-replacement-valve-assembly-kit/ it instantly sorted the issue as mine was worn out shall we say with over 7 years of use. 

Totally agree I watch some window cleaners rinsing windows with it piddling out of the brush and dont get it. 

wack the calibration and flow up and you can rinse so much quicker and better. Saves time and does a better job 

That's the way I'm going. When I first started WFP a year ago my flow was at 35. Over the year it's been slowly increasing to where I'm now at 70 and I still feel I could go higher. But I just feel somehow I 'shouldn't' be at that number. Weird.

NOW I AM SHOUTING SWAP YOUR STANDARD 2MM JETS IN YOUR GARDINERS BRUSH FOR 1MM JETS WHICH ARE CLARKES 1MM WELDING TIPS TAKES LESS THAN A FIVE MINUTES TO DO THE FLOW AT THE BRUSH HEAD IS 2-3 TIMES MORE OF A POWERFUL RINSE , quite a few lads on here have made the switch after I recommended it 

That's the way I'm going. When I first started WFP a year ago my flow was at 35. Over the year it's been slowly increasing to where I'm now at 70 and I still feel I could go higher. But I just feel somehow I 'shouldn't' be at that number. Weird.

The quicker you can rinse the quicker you can clean a house, its that simple.

I have a two man setup in my van and one of the pumps was noticeably slower than the other,  i could tell the difference (hence why ive just replaced it)

Ive tried my 7lpm pump and its slightly quicker than the shurflo ones, but i reckon i want more, might try a 10lpm next but i think i will need bigger jets/hose

Ive also ordered a rinse bar to see if thats any quicker

NOW I AM SHOUTING SWAP YOUR STANDARD 2MM JETS IN YOUR GARDINERS BRUSH FOR 1MM JETS WHICH ARE CLARKES 1MM WELDING TIPS TAKES LESS THAN A FIVE MINUTES TO DO THE FLOW AT THE BRUSH HEAD IS 2-3 TIMES MORE OF A POWERFUL RINSE , quite a few lads on here have made the switch after I recommended it 

NO MATE THAT SOUNDS A DAFT IDEA ?

more pressure yes but less flow.....water weight is what you want........im going for 3mm next 

You do make a good point however most pumps are 80 psi or 100 psi which isnt enough with 2mm jets, i had a 135psi one that was good but it kept blowing fittings 

Last edited by a moderator:
I found using 2mm jets like using a kids water can take ages to rinse, to too slow a flow for me I have been using the 1mm jets for over 9 years now and wouldn't change definitely worth a try for the sake of spending £5  

Back