Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Think Tank People Wanted

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diamond geezer

Thinking of changing my Eco stream 400 flat tank in my Transporter.Has any one ever fitted those 250ltr wheel arch tanks if so how?If you were fittig a 500.would u choose an upright or flat and why (both caged)?I would like a trolly fill.should I fit a gravity or pump, and why. Thanks

I have a 500 litre flat tank in my caddy. I'm replacing it with an upright, across the bulkhead. Later this year, it allows a lot more room in the back of my van. More compact

Thinking of changing my Eco stream 400 flat tank in my Transporter.Has any one ever fitted those 250ltr wheel arch tanks if so how?If you were fittig a 500.would u choose an upright or flat and why (both caged)?I would like a trolly fill.should I fit a gravity or pump, and why. Thanks
Id always have upright, unless i was gonna maybe put a flat tank in the back of an estate car. I dont know really, maybe flat can be better in some ways. To fill trolley or backpack, I need to get a tap fitted to fill it up. I reckon its simpler. I think you can get twin outlet thing, one for pump and reel and one to fill trolley/backpack.

I had a 400ltr flat tank for years and it took up to much space, I now have a 350ltr tank in my van lots of space in the back and you get a better gauge of how much water is in the tank.

when filling trolly/b,pack guys prefer large dia hole 1 or 1/2" tube for speed cause 1/2" takes to long ,or does it, as ive never tried,i belive I have tried filling from 8mm from the pump, ithink that was to slow.some body showed on u tube, his pumped from tank,petrol pump, type filler.More secure than a manual tap I suppose.IRON GIANT 350 upright?Last thing saw someone with caged upright,but also tie down straps for extra security.Thats what got me thinking,about flat.I did though speak to P/Freadom about this,they said "as long as the cage is fitted properly theres no need for staps" Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a 400ltr flat tank for years and it took up to much space, I now have a 350ltr tank in my van lots of space in the back and you get a better gauge of how much water is in the tank.
And I might be wrong but probably less likely to get air locks with upright tank?

Back