Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Example M.I Pack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Andrew1712

Good evening folks

Currently filling out a tender and I’ve been asked for an example of our M.I Pack.

has anyone a clue what this is?

Thanks in advance.

Don't be shy about asking mate. If @Part Timer doesn't know the chances are it's not a common term. As long as you know the basics like RAMS you won't necessarily lose any credibility. Let us know when you find out though.
His profile says he's from Belfast, it might be a common term over there. All I know is over here diversity and inclusion are always on any Government based / funded tenders. 

Don't be shy about asking mate. If @Part Timer doesn't know the chances are it's not a common term. As long as you know the basics like RAMS you won't necessarily lose any credibility. Let us know when you find out though.

His profile says he's from Belfast, it might be a common term over there. All I know is over here diversity and inclusion are always on any Government based / funded tenders. 

Its for an English company who have a 100’s of UK sites. 

Ill just have to ask them, I’ve a feeling it might mean ‘Management Information Pack’ but not sure why that would be needed.

tha is for the replies so far.

Not sure ?..  , but we do a lot of work for anchor/Hanover trust and they asked for a load of paper work a couple of years ago cannot remember what it was called but it was all to do with a company statement that you don’t discriminate on the grounds of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identification, religious beliefs , and a ton of other stuff I didn’t have a clue about it a friend of mine who is good with computers found a template on line and adapted it for my buisness I think it ended up with around 20 pages of A4 , they emailed back saying it was the most comprehensive one they had received ??? lol just goes to show ??? baffles brains , I still have a copy of it all somewhere, they said at the time that all commercial jobs would have to ask for it as it was becoming a legal requirement, we do a lot of work for some very large companies but no one else has ever asked for it .

I believe M.I means management information.https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&channel=mac_bm&source=hp&ei=agyAXNaXFIGUsAeqybOgDw&q=m+i+reporting&oq=m.i+report&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i22i30l10.1320.19059..22064...10.0..0.61.738.15......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131j0j0i22i10i30.ITzXWiNoDF8

Looks quite complex and not something I have come across.I would think it is something that medium to large sized companies would have in place.

@pjj I did a tender and quote for Hanover it involved loads of paper work they were the biggest time wasters I have come across.They wanted all the paper work and safe working practice etc  but when it came to price they weren't interested I believe the ones I looked at continued with a guy using a ladder because he was so much cheaper safety wasn't top of the list for them

@pjj I did a tender and quote for Hanover it involved loads of paper work they were the biggest time wasters I have come across.They wanted all the paper work and safe working practice etc  but when it came to price they weren't interested I believe the ones I looked at continued with a guy using a ladder because he was so much cheaper safety wasn't top of the list for them
I did one for Home Group who insisted that anyone that used ladders had to have someone footing them, when I asked who would check on this they didn't know, and I don't actually think the woman in control actually knew what footed meant ? They had a 3 floor residential block in Seaham, done by ladder and they actually bounced the ladder from window to window. In the end they actually gave my area to someone from the Leeds area, don't recall there name, that stated their operatives were available to talk to residents for as long as required per visit. Their price was half what I submitted as well, they didn't last very long and after what I had experienced couldn't be bothered to retender. 

I believe M.I means management information.https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&channel=mac_bm&source=hp&ei=agyAXNaXFIGUsAeqybOgDw&q=m+i+reporting&oq=m.i+report&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i22i30l10.1320.19059..22064...10.0..0.61.738.15......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131j0j0i22i10i30.ITzXWiNoDF8

Looks quite complex and not something I have come across.I would think it is something that medium to large sized companies would have in place.
Well that's a no then, bad enough having to have an LGBT policy let alone doing all of that.

I did one for Home Group who insisted that anyone that used ladders had to have someone footing them, when I asked who would check on this they didn't know, and I don't actually think the woman in control actually knew what footed meant ? They had a 3 floor residential block in Seaham, done by ladder and they actually bounced the ladder from window to window. In the end they actually gave my area to someone from the Leeds area, don't recall there name, that stated their operatives were available to talk to residents for as long as required per visit. Their price was half what I submitted as well, they didn't last very long and after what I had experienced couldn't be bothered to retender. 

I had a similar experience with Hanover.

They arranged a meeting and site visit with me,When I turned up the present window cleaner was there which was awkward for me but must have been worse for him as I was walking round with the manager trying to price a job he was cleaning.

He was using a ladder and at one point I watched him clean above a communal entrance way with no one footing or signs out and an old lady opened the door and nearly knocked him off.

The manager showing me round said they have to go with a safer contractor and safety was the main thing the right insurance and paper work etc.

I looked at five or six sites for them filled out a 24 page tender document submitted my RAMS and insurance as well as safe contractor paper work and put a price in.

I got on well with the manager on the day and thought I had it in the bag.After a few weeks of putting my price in and not hearing anything I followed up with a call.The manager said my price was to high and the present window cleaner only charged £80 and was there most the day.

They banged on about health and safety but in the end they couldn't pay more to have it done properly.

It's not the first or last job I have looked at that have wanted to stop using ladders and have all the right paper work in place to later change there mind when met with a higher price and think sod it we have got away with it this far.

Might have been Anlaby they do care homes up here that I know of 

Last edited by a moderator:

We have done work for anchor trust for around 20 years , they have recently gone into partnership with Hannover , so now it’s anchor- Hanover , they are the most fussy company we have ever done work for when it comes to H&S , the paperwork took weeks to sort out , at one time you weren’t evan allowed to have ladders on your van and go on there site , I find now that we have done work for them for so long that they are fine all the paperwork is in place , they are good payers and we do a lot of work for them all over the country , they are difficult to get a contract with but once you are on there data base and have a good reputation and know the area and regional managers they are a very good company to deal with , they like all large organisations have some funny procedures though !! 

As a few people have already mentioned its Management Information. I bit the bullet and asked them.

thanks everyone for your help. It was a head scratcher.

I had a similar experience with Hanover.

They arranged a meeting and site visit with me,When I turned up the present window cleaner was there which was awkward for me but must have been worse for him as I was walking round with the manager trying to price a job he was cleaning.

He was using a ladder and at one point I watched him clean above a communal entrance way with no one footing or signs out and an old lady opened the door and nearly knocked him off.

The manager showing me round said they have to go with a safer contractor and safety was the main thing the right insurance and paper work etc.

I looked at five or six sites for them filled out a 24 page tender document submitted my RAMS and insurance as well as safe contractor paper work and put a price in.

I got on well with the manager on the day and thought I had it in the bag.After a few weeks of putting my price in and not hearing anything I followed up with a call.The manager said my price was to high and the present window cleaner only charged £80 and was there most the day.

They banged on about health and safety but in the end they couldn't pay more to have it done properly.

It's not the first or last job I have looked at that have wanted to stop using ladders and have all the right paper work in place to later change there mind when met with a higher price and think sod it we have got away with it this far.
I had a call from Hanover last year. I asked @Part Timer for some advice on it in PM actually. It was just to clean the central sections of blocks of retirement flats. Basically the same set up as your quote only the other window cleaner had just left. He cleaned the glass only and the frames were a mess. It was only a small contract for one site in Nailsworth.

She asked me to quote for 6 weekly cleaning but the form asked for monthly or bimonthly pricing I think. I tried to call and discuss with her. I said lets just quote for every other month, as long as they didn't want me to set an exact day. The form asked for details of existing contracts, references and the value of the contract. I tried to get in touch and tell her I was unwilling to give this info. She emailed me to say they wouldn't accept that but to call her and give her my figures over the phone. I realised that they just wanted a price, the rest of the form was irrelevant, otherwise they wouldn't be able to complete it over the phone.

In the end she sent me an email that just says please see attached. The attached is a letter telling me I was unsuccessful and the name of the company that got the gig, hardly surprising when I didn't submit a bid haha.

I'm sure someone will say I got a contract but in my opinion when someone asks for more than RAMS, PL Insurance and a few references anyone 1 man band / partnerships are wasting their time going through the procedure nowadays. 

I quoted on a very big tender in the early days and came second. I lost out on points because I didn't have a dedicated H&S Officer. They were amazed how well I did and would pass on my details to their residential division. Never had an enquiry since. 

Good luck to the OP on his tender though, hope he proves me wrong. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure someone will say I got a contract but in my opinion when someone asks for more than RAMS, PL Insurance and a few references anyone 1 man band / partnerships are wasting their time going through the procedure nowadays. 

I quoted on a very big tender in the early days and came second. I lost out on points because I didn't have a dedicated H&S Officer. They were amazed how well I did and would pass on my details to their residential division. Never had an enquiry since. 

Good luck to the OP on his tender though, hope he proves me wrong. 

Sadley i I have to agree with you , most of the tendering processes are deliberately set up that you have to be a large company turning over millions of pounds , have dozens of employees, be chas or safe contracted or similar have loads of totaly irrelevant policies in place , and then they do a very poor job , you struggle to be able to speak to anyone if there are any problems , and get passed from one department to the next . Having  been in the Fireservice for 30 years and being well known to many on the council they wanted me to do work for the council , some very large buildings , they sent me through all the paperwork to fill out it was over 60 pages , the first criteria was you had to be turning over a minimum of 1 million to evan apply to tender , so no local small firms were able to quote , total waist of everyone’s time . I personaly feel trying to do any local authority work is just not worth it they want to pay rock bottom prices , take a couple of months to pay , and expect you to jump when it suites them , any tenders they now send through go straight through the shredder . 

Back