Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pimp my pole, and accessories

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DrGonzoSnr

Looking at ordering some bits and pieces from Gardiner and just wondering what people recommend.

Looking at getting

couple of protector balls. Which are better: large or standard?

Super scaper for bird muck

QUICK-LOQ® SWIVEL ADAPTER

At the moment I have a short and a long SLX poles, an ultimate medium and a universal sill brush, and the backpack.

Is there anything I should get at the same time which will be useful? Only been cleaning for a month now.

Thanks

I just made it up myself - see image.

It keeps the connectors slightly off the ground as it's 40mm washers with O clip either side

IMG_20190403_161236.jpg

IMG_20190403_161215.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good topic. 

Since I have done a lot of WFP for many years now (have had all health issues) I have been fine tuning gardiners poles for many years.

My goal: build the most ergonomic pole ever. 

I’m using an old (first generation) extreme pole for ground level work. It only has 3 sections, without section 1 and 2. I found that section 5 has the minimum width for ergonomic grip. Smaller than section 5 and your hands will hurt.

I shortened the pole to a sligthly shorter lenght which is more suitable for ground level use.

This makes the pole move/turn a bit faster using less effort.

I wrapped section 5 partly in griptape, also used for tennis rackets. Keeps your hands warm in the winter, plus it has good grip without using gloves.

Also use Swivel and exceed univalve, mostly ultimate medium brush 2 red fanjets or 2 pencil jets depending on  glass type.

For higher work: Slx

using prism-glasses as well sometimes

For me, it would be: Medium Mixed Sill Brush with 100 degree fan jets and two spare jets, 2 spare brush tee pieces, couple of Caribeeners (come in handy at times for me anyway), super scraper, compression hose rings to suit your reel and pole hoses, quicklock non swivel adapter. Oh! And a medium mixeed sill brush with 100 degree fan jets. Listed twice, cos I love em. 

Can the 100 jets be recycled when you get a new brush head? - The metal ones you can tap out with a drill but the 100s are plastic right? - so can they also be recycled or are they disposable?

Latest Posts

Back