Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What is your go to brush?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I’ve just purchased the Gardiner supreme DuPont tapertec hybrid. Hopefully arriving tomorrow. Looking forward to trying this out, heard good things about it. I tried the universal 35mm but I couldn’t get on with the shorter bristles. My go to at the minute has been the medium soft sill brush. 
I like the universal but it’s heavy in comparison, I’m really liking the medium soft sill brush I did by the supreme you are getting but not used it as yet. It does look small though. I’m using my brushes now with the close coupled connectors think they are much better too

I think the X-line DuPont is the best brush I’ve tried. I really notice a tangible difference in the ease at which is deals with snail trails. For me, that with 100 degree fan jets would be the ideal brush. 

Tucker Hybrid, Dupont outer bristles with boarhair central bristles. Pretty sure it's the original brush that has been copied by lots that have followed. Bought it at the window cleaning show in 2017. Cannot believe how well it has lasted in comparison to every Gardiner brush (and I like their products) I've owned. Bristles don't fall out and a great scrub.

Lol you cannot be any worse than me ??? cluck on the persons icon then in the centre of the page that comes up there is an envolope.   Click on that and you can send them a private message, @Gav might be able to explain it better than me you want @Skxawng he makes them . 
I’ve just tried that, I keep clucking and waving my arms but nothing is happening! ??

I've recently been playing with the stiff xtreme sill brush, what a great little scrubber! Good for rinsing on too.

I have used it on hard to reach 'green' cladding, gfs, connie roofs and straight forward modern uPVC windows, it's good on all of that.

Not ideal for wood frame georgian though, a softer brush would be better for those.

I did a job yesterday low piched cony roof,so it was difficult to get agood rinse down.I was using a supreme dupont,it seemed to soft to pull all the bits down,left me thinking maybe a wagtail wave would be a good idea.

Ive got a couple of sill brushes,the sill part  on both have many bristles,but the new gardines have only a blade of  bristles,are they only effective on realy pre cleaned sills, and how  do they get on with first cleans? cheers

Ive got a couple of sill brushes,the sill part  on both have many bristles,but the new gardines have only a blade of  bristles,are they only effective on realy pre cleaned sills, and how  do they get on with first cleans? cheers
I thought the same as you, how could a "blade" of bristles be any good? The reality is because the bristles splay there is a lot more contact than you think and the two long rows of bristles in the lower half of the brush also contact.

Kicking myself because I missed the opportunity to use it on a minging 1st clean recently, I hadn't yet figured out how good this might be.

I got this a few weeks ago with a new SL-X35, we normally use the Universal Sill for windows but that is too heavy for the 35 IMHO.

Last couple of days I have been suffering a lot of pain in my left wrist so yesterday I put it on my SL-X 18 and used it all day, the lack of weight is a revelation.

I am going to order a medium version of this brush but I'm hoping Alex is going to put Tapertec bristles into them instead of soft.

I've also got a pair of Supreme DuPonts on the way which I hope will suit our Georgian work.

I've been using the now relatively new Extreme Sill Brush with 100 degree fan jets as my everyday maintenance wash brush for quite a long time now. Like you, I had my doubts at first (in the brush, we wouldn't use any other jets). They do look very sparse in bristles but I find they do the job very well. I love the light weight and the ease and speed with which they glide across the glass. I'm still on the original and to my eyes it still looks almost as good as new. I use a short swivel and I find in combination with the  Extreme 22 that I now use it makes a very quick, easy and balanced unit.

I would like to try a similar sill brush but with extra, fairly stiff bristles around all the edges, especially the top corners, for hooking out spiders nests, if Alex decides to produce one. Perhaps an Extreme Sill Plus might be an option? Of course, it would weigh a little more but compared to the Vikan brushes a lot of us started with it would be nothing to worry about.

SLX 22, Medium Mixed Sill, 100 degree fans and standard Quick loc is our standard set up for gfs and conservatories.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to try a similar sill brush but with extra, fairly stiff bristles around all the edges, especially the top corners, for hooking out spiders nests, if Alex decides to produce one. Perhaps an Extreme Sill Plus might be an option? Of course, it would weigh a little more but compared to the Vikan brushes a lot of us started with it would be nothing to worry about
I also suggested to Alex that it would be better with short stiff bristles on the ends, he must "love" us pesky demanding customers. ?

Vikan! ?

I also suggested to Alex that it would be better with short stiff bristles on the ends, he must "love" us pesky demanding customers. ?

Vikan! ?
It can't be easy for him, for sure. But I think honest, well thought out customer feedback can only help with the development and evolution of equipment, for all our benefits. ?

Started to use the 100 degrees fans again after quite a long break from using them on some days new estates with the medium extreme sill brush for rinsing on only.

With the flock extreme brush I prefer pencils when doing cleaning leads As I like to rinse off the glass.

Also with the 26cm extreme medium  taper tec I use mainly only for Juliet’s rails I prefer pencils as sometimes when finishing you see little bits on the glass and much easier to resinse them bits off instead of putting the brush back thru the rails again. 

35cm extreme hybrid is my most used brush but I do like a change every now again. 

Rinsebars I used to use all the time but I like the to have the least weight possible on the end of my pole nowadays. 

I did a job yesterday low piched cony roof,so it was difficult to get agood rinse down.I was using a supreme dupont,it seemed to soft to pull all the bits down,left me thinking maybe a wagtail wave would be a good idea.
When we do shallow pitched roofs we rinse down and then squeegee it down to remove all the bits saves no end of time and gives good results 

When we do shallow pitched roofs we rinse down and then squeegee it down to remove all the bits saves no end of time and gives good results 
I had to do the same it took a long time.I used a moerman excelerator,i bought the small one a couple of years ago but couldnt do it,cause you need a good locking cone,to keep control.I bought the larger one and a cone,was going to have another go.well i needed it on that job.the swivel meant i could reach about 6 pains at a time,it would even swivel nicely like the trads do,which suprised me as they like soap so it will glide.Do you get trouble with lines,after squgee ing? again i was suprised no lines  to speak of.It took a long time because lack experience and i was playing seriously at trading

I had to do the same it took a long time.I used a moerman excelerator,i bought the small one a couple of years ago but couldnt do it,cause you need a good locking cone,to keep control.I bought the larger one and a cone,was going to have another go.well i needed it on that job.the swivel meant i could reach about 6 pains at a time,it would even swivel nicely like the trads do,which suprised me as they like soap so it will glide.Do you get trouble with lines,after squgee ing? again i was suprised no lines  to speak of.It took a long time because lack experience and i was playing seriously at trading
I find an 18 inch squeegee works well I use a normal cone and put a bit of insulation tape over the handle onto the cone/pole stopes it coming off 

Hi guys,  this has been an interesting topic. I think everyone has their own preferences to which is the best brush to use for different jobs.  My everyday brush is a Gardiner sill or a flocked sill for leaded.I normally use a medium soft Universal for FSG but recently I used a flocked with 100 degree fan jets, which worked well, but they weren't that dirty.  My question is for those who use a flocked on gutters have they got the scrubbing power as I've got a couple coming up that are really dirty?  Thanks for any replies. Rick

Latest Posts

Back