Dave B

Any pics of 💩 parking.

Dave B

The area I'm in today all my parking is in the mud like this.

Anyone else need to park in mud or dodgy spaces?20200113_112419.jpg.66d61171f4c3baa3afbf6ef978112cf7.jpg

Dave B

It's windy here but pressure washing so not a problem.

Just waiting for hypo to dwell for a bit.

7 minutes ago, Pjj said:

We cannot work today 60 mph winds !!!!!

Part Timer
1 hour ago, Pjj said:

We cannot work today 60 mph winds !!!!!

For various reasons, wind being the main one, I've had to put the whole week back to next week 😪

Pjj
23 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

For various reasons, wind being the main one, I've had to put the whole week back to next week 😪

If the forecast is  anything to go by we will be in the same boat , we have a three storey hotel due right on the cliffs 100 meters from the sea and the three storey flats  that we did the gutters on last week again close to the coast , + a load of houses , it’s difficult  to walk hear at the moment with horizontal rain impossible to do anything!!!!! Very frustrating as we have just had two weeks off and keen to get on with work 

scottish cleaning service

60mph we call that a breeze up here.

CHWS

It’s literally passed here to no wind in an instant

My big problem is the van doors. Leave them on the magnetic stops and the wind gets in behind them and they swing round with some force. Looking at cutting the corner of the door away to stick the hose through.

Pjj
6 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

My big problem is the van doors. Leave them on the magnetic stops and the wind gets in behind them and they swing round with some force. Looking at cutting the corner of the door away to stick the hose through.

Just put rollers through the floor 

1 minute ago, Pjj said:

Just put rollers through the floor 

Does the hose not snag?

Pjj
8 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Does the hose not snag?

No works a treat , we work two men per van with two reels through the floor never had a problem 

3 minutes ago, Pjj said:

No works a treat , we work two men per van with two reels through the floor never had a problem 

Cheers Pjj, where did you get the rollers from? I am nearly finished refitting my van after I got it mot last week. It seems all go now but not taking too much work on, becoming more professional I guess.

Pjj
1 minute ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Cheers Pjj, where did you get the rollers from? I am nearly finished refitting my van after I got it mot last week. It seems all go now but not taking too much work on, becoming more professional I guess.

I have just replaced my roller system when I fitted the new reels I got mine from water works but you can buy all the bits and do it cheaper but I was in a rush to get it done so  bought this 

BE9D8EBE-7F9D-4CB5-B532-9001B1B91BCA.png

Iron Giant
1 hour ago, Part Timer said:

You can come and give me a hand if you want I'll pay you in beer 😁

8 minutes ago, Pjj said:

I have just replaced my roller system when I fitted the new reels I got mine from water works but you can buy all the bits and do it cheaper but I was in a rush to get it done so  bought this 

BE9D8EBE-7F9D-4CB5-B532-9001B1B91BCA.png

Couldn't work it out till I went on waterworks website. They protrude through the floor permanently. I wonder if one roller could handle both hoses because I have a stack system? I will definitely be getting one set soon and maybe fit when the weather is better. Thanks again. 

NoName

Scottish think you would need 1 each hose tbh...I built my own, 3 rollers, 1M  threaded bar (you need about 20-30cm each depending on your van),  ~30 connector hex nuts (which you don't really need all down the bar tbh, but makes it look more 'pro') dome nuts, you're done (toolstation/ebay) (I'm sure this is exactly what waterworks do) just make sure you get rollers which have a 'window' bigger enough to take your hose and connector if you want to wind it fully up and thru the rollers  - saved over £100 , so for two could be worthwhile w/e job

18 minutes ago, NoName said:

Scottish think you would need 1 each hose tbh...I built my own, 3 rollers, 1M  threaded bar (you need about 20-30cm each depending on your van),  ~30 connector hex nuts (which you don't really need all down the bar tbh, but makes it look more 'pro') dome nuts, you're done (toolstation/ebay) (I'm sure this is exactly what waterworks do) just make sure you get rollers which have a 'window' bigger enough to take your hose and connector if you want to wind it fully up and thru the rollers  - saved over £100 , so for two could be worthwhile w/e job

Cheers, didn't realise that they come as a pair. How does it work with a stack system, do you get a bigger one that will take both?

Edited by scottish cleaning service

NoName

Scottish pic is misleading you only get one (so I believe), best speak to waterworks to confirm, but suspect you would just offset them (one to left and one to right) so you have one for each hose...but you could fit one and see how you go with two hoses, not seen it done, and fit another, if hoses don't pull out/reel easily, 

Pjj
5 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Cheers, didn't realise that they come as a pair. How does it work with a stack system, due you get a bigger one that will take both?

I have not got a stack system but dont think having two hoses through one roller set would work I would put one side buy side in the floor of the van and put one hose through each , if you work on your own why do you need two hose reels ??? Surely you only use one ???