Jump to content

Nick1000

Best company Water fed pole??



Recommended Posts

Nick1000

Newbie Nick here again. Firstly thanks for all the responses on my previous post, a massive help! Spent the day emailing and talking to various companies who sell and install the water fed pole sytems and proving a mine field. In your opinion who offers the best value and is regarded accross the industy as the go to guys? Thanks again windies Nick 

PS SORRY NOT JUST THE POLES THE FULL VAN SET UP!

Edited by Nick1000

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer

Gardiner Poles and brushes are by far and away the favoured company on this site. I personally believe that the CLX27 is the best pole you can buy for your money. I know the old, infirm and weaklings think you need to buy a SLX or even an Extreme.

 

As for tanks and systems then probably the likes of Grippa, Pure Freedom and Waterworks are the most common. Grippa being the most expensive and I doubt much between the other 2. I have had 2 PF systems and would recommend them for the system. I wouldn't however recommend them for buying consumables from though.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Dirty dan

As @Part Timer said, gardeners are normally the best poles. I started off with window cleaning warehouse poles (Phoenix), they’re a little cheaper but have upgraded 2 of my poles to gardiners and haven’t regretted it. Quality as a slightly higher price

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/telescopic-poles.html

 

We mostly use Alex above because he understands the business. They are at the forefront of technology and make our life a lot easier, I must have 3 poles by now and will be getting another fairly soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj

Totaly agree with @Part Timer , all depends what your budget is Poles and brushes and most fittings Gardiner pole systems . For van mount systems ,Grippatank,waterworks, or if you can pick up a second hand ionics pro 5 system they are very good I have 3 of them there are bargains to be had with ionics stuff on eBay now and then and sometimes on hear they come up to . 

Share this post


Link to post
Baldmonkey

@Nick1000 message me, i can be very helpful for you and give you all the advice and answers you are looking for, can even meet up and help you out with questions

 

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
2 minutes ago, Haychh said:

Gardiner poles all day long

 

 

 

Gardiners don’t do van mount systems only trolleys and back packs 

Share this post


Link to post
Haychh
12 minutes ago, Pjj said:

 

 

 

Gardiners don’t do van mount systems only trolleys and back packs 

Gardiners and Grippatank are same people I believe ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
16 minutes ago, Haychh said:

Gardiners and Grippatank are same people I believe ? 

 

 

No they arnt 

Share this post


Link to post
Davy G

Gardiner poles for me as I'm very happy with them. I can't give an opinion on any others as I've not used them, except for heavy, whippy, composite poles in the early days.

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service

I have a 25 & 35 xtreme and will be buying an 18 fairly soon. I could do 80% of my windows with an 18 and its only now that i understand this from experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Davy G
9 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I have a 25 & 35 xtreme and will be buying an 18 fairly soon. I could do 80% of my windows with an 18 and its only now that i understand this from experience.

I'd consider a 22 if it closes to the same short length as the SLX 22. You might find that the extra 4ft length with only a tiny bit of added weight is handy for reaching over conservatories and extensions. Also the short closed length is easier around tight walkways.

Edited by Davy G

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
4 minutes ago, Davy G said:

I'd consider a 22 if it closes to the same short length as the SLX 22. You might find that the extra 4ft length with only a tiny bit of added weight is handy for reaching over conservatories and extensions. Also the short closed length is easier around tight walkways.

 

Yes you are correct, forgot to say that i bought an 18 slx with a pole 5 to take it to 22 feet. I now use the slx 18 and leave out the pole 5. Bought the 35 when I got the tank and got 10% discount. Bought the 25 when I got a few customers in new flats thinking I would get a lot more but they are turning out to be pita. Its all to do with those Juliet balconies and bars across the windows. If I lose one of them then I might ditch the other one because its not worth the hassle.

Share this post


Link to post
Davy G
1 minute ago, scottish cleaning service said:

 

Yes you are correct, forgot to say that i bought an 18 slx with a pole 5 to take it to 22 feet. I now use the slx 18 and leave out the pole 5. Bought the 35 when I got the tank and got 10% discount. Bought the 25 when I got a few customers in new flats thinking I would get a lot more but they are turning out to be pita. Its all to do with those Juliet balconies and bars across the windows. If I lose one of them then I might ditch the other one because its not worth the hassle.

Juliet balconies : I hate them. I don't really get involved with them much anymore. When I do I tell the customer that I will do what I can get to. I don't do any changing of brush or twisting of brush to try to get through bars. I price accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
Just now, Davy G said:

Juliet balconies : I hate them. I don't really get involved with them much anymore. When I do I tell the customer that I will do what I can get to. I don't do any changing of brush or twisting of brush to try to get through bars. I price accordingly.

 

Yes been there. You end up finishing in bits and it costs you more in the process. I get £2.50 a window and have 8 to do but even if i got a fiver a window i would have my doubts. I thought all the cleaners would love this area with all the new build flats, now i realise that they love to hate it. If I had one of those flats then i would take a grinder to it. When i was a prison officer i saw bars on windows, now the home builders think its fashionable to put them on their windows.  

Share this post


Link to post
Davy G
15 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

 

Yes been there. You end up finishing in bits and it costs you more in the process. I get £2.50 a window and have 8 to do but even if i got a fiver a window i would have my doubts. I thought all the cleaners would love this area with all the new build flats, now i realise that they love to hate it. If I had one of those flats then i would take a grinder to it. When i was a prison officer i saw bars on windows, now the home builders think its fashionable to put them on their windows.  

Good point Mr Mckay.

 

Sorry kid... Couldn't resist it. ☺️

 

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service
Just now, Davy G said:

Good point Mr Mckay.

 

Sorry kid... Couldn't resist it. ☺️

 

 

Aye, I was saying to the sale's girl that bars on windies should be for prisons only. she answered quietly don't shout that out I'm trying to sell these flats. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Apw1210
On 16/01/2020 at 13:42, Nick1000 said:

Newbie Nick here again. Firstly thanks for all the responses on my previous post, a massive help! Spent the day emailing and talking to various companies who sell and install the water fed pole sytems and proving a mine field. In your opinion who offers the best value and is regarded accross the industy as the go to guys? Thanks again windies Nick 

PS SORRY NOT JUST THE POLES THE FULL VAN SET UP!

 

I highly recommend the Boss pole system available from Lee Martin at Bladeright cleaning supplies Ltd based in Wellington Somerset.

 

Also he offers a bespoke van install system 

 

Very honest pricing and well made poles available in 3 composite formats. Fast secure delivery and faultless customer care 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.