Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best scrims....recommendations,

WCF

Help Support WCF:

microfibres are not better than scrim at all...at least not in the colder,wet months....scrim is much more absorbent IMO 

We only do internal windows trad and they work far better than scrim you only need to use minimal water so not much to mop up we also use the applicator under the squeege it catch most of the water so there is only minimal stuff to wipe up , I dont know any trad cleaners around my area that use scrim anymore they all use micro fibre . 

Have got to say my favourites are the grey unger ninja microfibre cloth. They are ace especially in the summer when scrims will leave a trace of fluff when detailing these come into there own. And they are superb for leadlights. Plus they last for ages.

I find microfibres leave tiny crystal like specs on the glass, I use them to cleaning the glass but after blading it I use a very fine cloth that I don't know what it is  :1f602:   Need to find out what it is so I can order more.

Fish scale microfibres are probably the best microfiber clothes still not as good as scrims but they do dry on the dash faster imo

Pre washed tight nit brown scrim for polishing. Microfibres are great dirt absorbers but just don’t have the same effect. There are certain windows that can grip onto the scrim leaving loads of lint so I guess a microfibre would work better on those ones but they are few and far between. A lad I used to work with swore by white scrim but I think they are a bit thin and leave too much lint until they are broken in. I’ve tried loads of different cloths over the years and the best combo for me is a brown scrim for detailing and polishing and a couple of old cut up bath towels for the sills,frames and are great to go over leadeds first(must be quite damp) before polishing. I use bath towels because they are designed for maximum absorption. 

Scrim all the way, can't beat it, but when i started out it was chamois leather rat tails and scrim, wooden ladders, showing my age ?

That was part of window cleaning then, breaking in a new scrim,  witch took a while, stiff as cardboard ? no pre wash then. ?

Keep it dry (Its your best friend in this game). Micro fibre frames, sills, scrim for the glass.

What goes around comes around trust me.

i'm a old window cleaner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back