Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best software for a one man set up?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Woodsclan

Hello all, just bought a round of about 200 local residents and was wondering what would be the best software to record everything on, at the minute everything is on pen and paper and I would love to bring this business bang up to date. Thank you for any recommendations!

Cleaner planner, been spot on in the five years I’ve been using it and in the rare event I’ve needed help their customer service has been great and very quick to respond.

I found Squeegee has a few more features in the base version vs Cleaner Planner plus a few people have said Cleaner Planner has sort of stopped adding features where as Squeegee is still developing.
I have had a few questions on Squeegee and they have responded within an hour or 2 (daytime). Squeegee also have an online tutorial system so it's easy to learn the features.
I think both Cleaner Planner and Squeegee offer free trials - Squeegee even used to do one to one walk through of the basics to get you up and running.

Good thread this. I've been going for 9 months now, so have been using Google sheets to get up and running, but am also looking at starting to use software.

Do Squidgee and Cleaner Planner do much by way of accounts? I'm wondering if they are only for organising the work and payments, or if they can also help with getting the numbers ready for self assesment?

Good thread this. I've been going for 9 months now, so have been using Google sheets to get up and running, but am also looking at starting to use software.

Do Squidgee and Cleaner Planner do much by way of accounts? I'm wondering if they are only for organising the work and payments, or if they can also help with getting the numbers ready for self assesment?
I've been using Google sheets for years with no problems, although I don't have to do lots of business invoices as most work is residential.

I also use Google sheets to just list income and expenses. Got a template online and just pasted into the program. Then send it off to the accountant and she does the rest.

I'm tempted to try one of these, but I only spend a small amount of time each week keeping on top of things, not sure theres a benefit unless you're running a bigger and growing business.

I've been using Google sheets for years with no problems, although I don't have to do lots of business invoices as most work is residential.

I also use Google sheets to just list income and expenses. Got a template online and just pasted into the program. Then send it off to the accountant and she does the rest.

I'm tempted to try one of these, but I only spend a small amount of time each week keeping on top of things, not sure theres a benefit unless you're running a bigger and growing business.
Good point! I'm only 9 months in - almost all domestic - so it's still quite a small manageable round. I've found Google sheets fine for what I need so far, and like the fact it's stored Google Drive (cloud), just in case I lose my phone or laptop.

I'll have a good look at Squidgee and then possibly look to use it a year or two down the line.

Latest Posts

Back