Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First time use in Waterfed pole ( testing )

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Grant1793

Hi all, 

just got myself a Gardiner backpack along with a CLX 27 Waterfed pole. Got my pure water so wanted to test for first time use so far happy and chuffed with my purchase. Only concern I had is picture attached is this meant to happen?! Like spotty rain drops after the clean?! Any insight and help would be greatful 

thanks 

237680BC-9201-4C86-A1EA-58D16FD11BBB.jpeg

As long as you have given it all a good scrub and rinsed everything well you shouldn't have any issues. I would advise to take your time, you will build up speed naturally. I would personally always rather be though and ensure I have no issues, if it takes me a little longer and I use a bit more water so be it.

Its only natural to worry when you first start out on the WFP. It shows you are conciencous which is a good thing. Don`t worry too much buddy but yes Take your time and make sure you do a good job and the speed will come in time.

When doing a first clean we spend much more time on the clean to make sure we get it right first time @Grant1793. This usually means popping back to the customer to check the quality of the clean after the windows have dried a couple of hours later. Sometimes we have to rectify streaks.

So most would advise to practice, practice and practice some more on your own windows and parent's windows etc. This is to practice the window cleaning technique so you look like you have done it for years when cleaning your first customer wfp. I will also teach you the different types of glass; hydrophilic and hydrophobic in its various forms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

just got myself a Gardiner backpack along with a CLX 27 Waterfed pole. Got my pure water so wanted to test for first time use so far happy and chuffed with my purchase. Only concern I had is picture attached is this meant to happen?! Like spotty rain drops after the clean?! Any insight and help would be greatful

thanks

View attachment 19053
How did you get on with the gardiner back pack

good idea to see 2 Water Jet options . so easy to change over to get the experience of seeing how both ways work .
Ive ever only used Pencil Jets .

Hi all,

thanks

View attachment 19053
I wonder what happens to windies like these. We hear from them a bit, and then they disappear off the planet.

Latest Posts

Back