Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

litres of pure from 11 litre di

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

I have to say I was wrong the other year when I'd said the resin calculators were way off. I was bored and checked some records i'd kept and 18000 litres of pure from 11 litre di and still good to use now (Imo) at tds of 3. just now going up to 4. Im only part time so its great really. Bear in mind this is from a nightmare tap tds of 530, the daqua 4021 getting that down to 11 before the di. Not bad at all ?

I have to say I was wrong the other year when I'd said the resin calculators were way off. I was bored and checked some records i'd kept and 18000 litres of pure from 11 litre di and still good to use now (Imo) at tds of 3. just now going up to 4. Im only part time so its great really. Bear in mind this is from a nightmare tap tds of 530, the daqua 4021 getting that down to 11 before the di. Not bad at all ?

I'm DI only, when mine creeps up to 2 or 3 I find that if I turn the vessel on its side and give it a good left to right shake for say about 10 seconds then it brings the TDS back down 1 or 2, I do it every time before I use it, stretches it out considerably.

I'm DI only, when mine creeps up to 2 or 3 I find that if I turn the vessel on its side and give it a good left to right shake for say about 10 seconds then it brings the TDS back down 1 or 2, I do it every time before I use it, stretches it out considerably.
I've been doing the same with my vessel for past four months to make that resin last. Started to fail however now as it's creeping up to 005 much quicker between shakes, still it leaves zero marks so I use it regardless.

I've been doing the same with my vessel for past four months to make that resin last. Started to fail however now as it's creeping up to 005 much quicker between shakes, still it leaves zero marks so I use it regardless.

Don't know why but it feels very satisfying after you change the resin and get it to '0', just something about cleaning the windows with zero, removes all element of doubt in your mind.  As soon as it goes to 1 you get that sinking feeling as you know the zero days are over, ha ha.  I've chanced mine at 5 or 6 but weather it's in my head or not it just seems better at zero.

I'm going to have to try this, good tip!

I simply empty mine out into a black bag and jiggle it around or dig through it with a clean trowel, scoop back into the vessel and cut the corner off the bag when it's nearly all gone to squeeze the rest of the resin in.

works well for dropping the ppm for a bit. Only a stop gap mind you until you need a real refill or new vessel. I'll be getting a new vessel as I got the wrong JG fittings in my first one (3/8 instead of 1/4 tube fits) so I've cobbled it together for to long already.

Latest Posts

Back