Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Very very close to target

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

Have been dieting the last few weeks and today’s weigh in 16 st 11 ounces my target weight is 16stone 8 ounces the knees are thanking me ?

Attachments

• 10C5B02A-9A45-48E4-B147-260F01BABAE7.jpeg
    10C5B02A-9A45-48E4-B147-260F01BABAE7.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 0
Have been dieting the last few weeks and today’s weigh in 16 st 11 ounces my target weight is 16stone 8 ounces the knees are thanking me ?
Well done mate. The wife has had us all on a diet this year so I feel your pain. We've been eating slimming world meals, without going to the meetings. I don't need anyone to shame me for being fat, I can standing the mirror and do that myself. I didn't even know what Quark was until about 5 weeks ago... It's vile btw! I've done a stone so far, still got a bit to go. 

Well done. It’s hard to lose weight. I keep trying but failing. I’ve stopped drinking beer every day but no weight loss yet. Tried the Keto thing, it just made me angry. 

What are the slimming world meals like?

Got a feeling life won’t be worth living if I start that. I’ll be crying every mealtime.

What are the slimming world meals like?
They’re alright. The thing I’m trying to focus on is, it’s not forever. You have a lot of eggs and there are some ways of making healthy chips. The meals can sustain you and don’t taste horrible you just won’t look forward to mealtime every day. The cookbooks were only about £6/7 in the works but the rest I leave to the wife to be fair. Once I’m where I wanna be I don’t plan to go back to how I used to eat but it would be good to have a Dominos pizza once a month, things like that.

It's not just the case of going for pre-made diet meals or recipies, it's about changing your eating habits and eating more healthy on the whole, this keeps your weight down and it becomes the norm, the boss bought one of those air fryers and the chips are great out of those, my wife has done a lot of research over the years and keeps up to date with things and has us eat healthy all the time, so I can't take any credit and just eat what she puts in front of me ?

Number one rule, don't eat before you go to bed unless its a yogurt. Used to notice in the fire station a lot of eating habits. 
Im lucky with grub, must have a fast metabolism but always actually wanted to put a bit of weight on and it just wouldnt happen. i find im hungry two hours after eating a big dinner. These diet meals dont seem to have enough energy for work, I dunno. They say for slow release energy, to keep you going for work have muesli or porridge or something similar. I know, rabbit food ?

My Mrs did slimming world and I have to say I thought the food was pretty good! I lost a few kilos even though I wasn’t trying; I was just eating the stuff she cooked.

Im lucky with grub, must have a fast metabolism but always actually wanted to put a bit of weight on and it just wouldnt happen. i find im hungry two hours after eating a big dinner. These diet meals dont seem to have enough energy for work, I dunno. They say for slow release energy, to keep you going for work have muesli or porridge or something similar. I know, rabbit food ?
All I get to eat is rabbit food ? plant based meals are better for seeing you through the day, I don't eat to much and always have loads of energy

Nice man! Well done. Is that all dieting? Or any additional exercise?

I personally struggle with diets. Just not me. But I do have a forging language student staying with me atm, so it’s making me cook more healthier & balances meals every night. The other night I didn’t have enough chicken for the pair of us, so I decided to just have a vegetarian roast dinner. All the veg steamed with a few potatoes! Was a really nice change I’ll do it again for me.

I guess everyone has different goals & bodies. I’m 6”2 and just over 14 stone. I’m naturally very skinny, but all my weight just goes on my stomach. I’m not trying to ‘lose weight’ so to speak. Definitely want a smaller tighter belly. But Just get in better shape. I arguably need more muscle which is heavier than fat anyway. But total respect to the people doing proper tight diets ? take a lot of discipline & self control.

But since new year I’ve got back into the gym 1-3 times a week. And saunas every time after which are good for burning fat apparently!?? I didn’t know that, just thought they were nice to sit in haha. I’ve also started playing football every Thursday again. That’s a really intense fast five aside game for 1hr. That definitely is the best exercise I can do personally and I always come away feeling physically & mentally better off. 

I'm 6'2" and 16 stone but don't actually need to lose much.

I'm big framed and it's only my belly that needs a bit of a trim down.

I go gym a lot but do strength training not 12 reps of everything to look good but have no stamina.

Been married since 1991 though so no need to look good to impress the girls lol.

Well done @Denmate.

Nice man! Well done. Is that all dieting? Or any additional exercise?

I personally struggle with diets. Just not me. But I do have a forging language student staying with me atm, so it’s making me cook more healthier & balances meals every night. The other night I didn’t have enough chicken for the pair of us, so I decided to just have a vegetarian roast dinner. All the veg steamed with a few potatoes! Was a really nice change I’ll do it again for me.

I guess everyone has different goals & bodies. I’m 6”2 and just over 14 stone. I’m naturally very skinny, but all my weight just goes on my stomach. I’m not trying to ‘lose weight’ so to speak. Definitely want a smaller tighter belly. But Just get in better shape. I arguably need more muscle which is heavier than fat anyway. But total respect to the people doing proper tight diets ? take a lot of discipline & self control.

But since new year I’ve got back into the gym 1-3 times a week. And saunas every time after which are good for burning fat apparently!?? I didn’t know that, just thought they were nice to sit in haha. I’ve also started playing football every Thursday again. That’s a really intense fast five aside game for 1hr. That definitely is the best exercise I can do personally and I always come away feeling physically & mentally better off. 

Just smaller portion sizes and only been boozing weekend ?

The key is to understand why you're not your ideal weight - how did that happen - most likely over many years - we typically put on something lie .5-1 kg/year...Too many café/BK stops for lunch/routine quenching of thirst with beer/too much treats...etc 

Statistically speaking 'going on' diets don't work in the long term...1 year post diet 95% will have put the weight back on (or more)...

Since weight is put on (typically over years) it's a change of diet that's crucial (snack on fruit instead of chocs/biscuits etc drop sugar from tea/coffee drink water instead of fizzy 'soft' drinks, etc)...takes longer for the scales drop but since you're changing your diet it's more likely to work in the long run - seems counterintuitive but facts are facts...

(things you learn by listening to R4 all day ??)

Latest Posts

Back