Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reversing a pole section

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Danfire

The thinnest section of my SLX18 has started spinning when I clamp it in the closed position. I can feel it has worn thin on that last little bit. I'm thinking my options are put a bit of insulating tape around that little bit of pole to thicken it, turn the section of pole to reverse that first section or cut 20mm from the pole to remove the worn piece. The second two options would require me to remove and reglue the clamp, anybody done this? How do you get the glued on clamp piece off, what glue did you use to reglue it?

Just thought of another two options, buy a new section or treat myself to a new pole. Hope an easy fix us possible but quite like the idea of an early Christmas present.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thinnest section of my SLX18 has started spinning when I clamp it in the closed position. I can feel it has worn thin on that last little bit. I'm thinking my options are put a bit of insulating tape around that little bit of pole to thicken it, turn the section of pole to reverse that first section or cut 20mm from the pole to remove the worn piece. The second two options would require me to remove and reglue the clamp, anybody done this? How do you get the glued on clamp piece off, what glue did you use to reglue it?

Just thought of another two options, buy a new section or treat myself to a new pole. Hope an easy fix us possible but quite like the idea of an early Christmas present.

Back