Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just ordered a Predator

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Martyn

I really don't care for gutter clearing, it's dirty, smelly, riddled with access problems due to poorly fitted gutters and puts strain on my neck. Having said that our last gutter vac has been well used (and abused) and has paid for itself many times over.

With the phone going nuts for gutter clears and our old machine developing holes in the drum and missing a couple of pole sections it's time for a new machine.

After a bit of searching the net for options I have ordered a Predator with the clamped carbon poles. I must admit I am keen to try this beast out.

I really don't care for gutter clearing, it's dirty, smelly, riddled with access problems due to poorly fitted gutters and puts strain on my neck. Having said that our last gutter vac has been well used (and abused) and has paid for itself many times over.

With the phone going nuts for gutter clears and our old machine developing holes in the drum and missing a couple of pole sections it's time for a new machine.

After a bit of searching the net for options I have ordered a Predator with the clamped carbon poles. I must admit I am keen to try this beast out.
Let us know what you think of it Ime sure you will be very happy with it do a full review I would be interested in hearing what you think , their yellow hose and swivelling  cuff are awesome things  . 

Let us know what you think of it Ime sure you will be very happy with it do a full review I would be interested in hearing what you think , their yellow hose and swivelling  cuff are awesome things  . 
I have ordered 15m of the yellow stuff and the swivel cuff was a last minute addition to the order, poor Julia must have been thinking stop changing the order and just send us the money. ?

Might be fun to do a review.

The only concern I have is that my understanding is that you can't run all three motors from a 13A socket so I will need to splash out on a genny as well. I am already planning a strategy to bring more work in to recoup the outlay A.S.A.P.

The only concern I have is that my understanding is that you can't run all three motors from a 13A socket so I will need to splash out on a genny as well. I am already planning a strategy to bring more work in to recoup the outlay A.S.A.P.
I have done many times, just put a RCD plug on it to be safe. Either that or only use 2 motors, humping genies in and out of vans isn't much fun. 

I have ordered 15m of the yellow stuff and the swivel cuff was a last minute addition to the order, poor Julia must have been thinking stop changing the order and just send us the money. ?

Might be fun to do a review.

There is a tendency for companies to be a little over optimistic on their wattage ratings. 

I believe it comes with a 13Amp plug!!!! So, simplifying things a bit, a 13Amp plug allows a maximum of  2990 watts (230v x 13A).

A customers supply will typically be protected by a 30amp fuse/breaker or a 15amp fuse/breaker. Some of the breakers are fast tripping ones older rewireable tend to be slower to blow.

Always fully unreel an extension cable as a coiled one will heat up and can catch fire due to eddy currents!

You should be fine running all 3 motors on a 13amp plug. Just switch one at a time on and wait 10 seconds or till you hear it up to speed before switching the next one on.

Once you have finished gutter cleaning get custy to double check their socket is still working just to be safe ? 

I have done many times, just put a RCD plug on it to be safe. Either that or only use 2 motors, humping genies in and out of vans isn't much fun. 
The reason our existing machine is 3x1000w, I was playing safe.

My plan is to get a small trailer and permanently mount a genny in that, save any faffing about.

There is a tendency for companies to be a little over optimistic on their wattage ratings. 

I believe it comes with a 13Amp plug!!!! So, simplifying things a bit, a 13Amp plug allows a maximum of  2990 watts (230v x 13A).

A customers supply will typically be protected by a 30amp fuse/breaker or a 15amp fuse/breaker. Some of the breakers are fast tripping ones older rewireable tend to be slower to blow.

Always fully unreel an extension cable as a coiled one will heat up and can catch fire due to eddy currents!

You should be fine running all 3 motors on a 13amp plug. Just switch one at a time on and wait 10 seconds or till you hear it up to speed before switching the next one on.

Once you have finished gutter cleaning get custy to double check their socket is still working just to be safe ? 
When I worked in a Hi-Fi shop the boss used to call them wishful watts. ?

I know about cables, even fully out they can get quite warm.

Always do turn motors on one at a time due to power spiking on start up.

If it goes wrong I will probably know when the fire boys turn up. ?

Great investment and choice. GVS customer service is faultless 

Great investment and choice. GVS customer service is faultless 
That's good to hear, they are certainly making the right noises.

Our previous supplier went quiet on us when we complained that the bin had developed pin holes in the bottom after a very short time. 

That's good to hear, they are certainly making the right noises.

Our previous supplier went quiet on us when we complained that the bin had developed pin holes in the bottom after a very short time. 
I can assure you that Julia and Mark care immensely about their customer base. No customers no business

If you develop an issue speak with them and you'll find they will go above and beyond to help 

We have done three jobs with the Predator now and it's fair to say that I am impressed, heck even my Son isn't whingeing about it. ?

I will write a review when we have done a few more jobs with it.

We have done three jobs with the Predator now and it's fair to say that I am impressed, heck even my Son isn't whingeing about it. ?

I will write a review when we have done a few more jobs with it.
It's a proven and well priced piece of equipment

Back