Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac inspection camera

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JohnDoeWindows

Hello,

I've just purchased the GVS Predator but unfortunately their camera systems were out of stock, Skyvac charge a fortune for theirs and I don't think I can justify paying that when GVS are so much cheaper when in stock.

Can anyone recommend an alternative with a bracket suitable for a 51mm carbon pole/flexi neck?

Probably worth noting that I only really want one for peace of mind to check gutters are fully clear when finished without having to go up a ladder every time

These are out of stock but it might be worthwhile giving them a call, I just tape mine onto the gooseneck.

These are out of stock but it might be worthwhile giving them a call, I just tape mine onto the gooseneck.

I did think about buying a cheap camera and taping it to be fair. I'll give them a call

The best cameras are 360 cams as you don't have to point it directly at anything. Just pan to what you want to see. I have SkyVacs most recent camera, quality/battery is great but it so much quicker for me to just use my old 360 cam.

Look for an action camera something like a gopro is probably a bit too expensive but there are lots of budget action cams on amazon. They generally come with different mounts and usually one will have a slot or 2 for cable ties. It might be a good idea to add a tether to a different cable tie just in case!
If you get a standard action cam then there are lots of gopro style mounts available, some with cable ties and some with velcro straps.
Have a read of the Amazon reviews, you don't need 4K resolution but most do it, try and get one with 2 batteries and a separate charger. The remote function is handy in case you want to take a still shot to show customer something specific or just to record. Have a good read of reviews to see if anyone comments on low light performance or going from bright light to dark i.e. it has a good dynamic range. A decent app is also good so find out what app the camera uses and have a look at the Google Play / Iphone app store reviews.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I use a Apeman A87 I got it off ebay for £26 used but when it arrived it was brand new!
I use a wfp , a cheap mount for my phone at base of pile and just use the handle bar mount attached to a gooseneck for the cam....it works a treat.

Ultra 4K 1080P Action WiFi Camera DV Sports Camcorder Underwater Cam Waterproof. Ebay £22.69 I use one the same as this beams direct to your mobile I don't know how to do a link

Back