Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac inspection camera

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tried this and kept having to reconnect, ok if you're doing the odd house here and there but no good if you're working all day on big commercial jobs.
There are decent budget action cameras but a lot of very poor ones. The SCam SJ4000 is a decent one but it's not available any more. The apps are as important as the light handling on the cameras. From what I have seen on some of the 'special' gutter cams they are not so special at all. Their light handling is terrible when going from light to dark and visa versa.
If you can find an action camera with a Sony sensor and a decent app it should be great.

There are decent budget action cameras but a lot of very poor ones. The SCam SJ4000 is a decent one but it's not available any more. The apps are as important as the light handling on the cameras. From what I have seen on some of the 'special' gutter cams they are not so special at all. Their light handling is terrible when going from light to dark and visa versa.
If you can find an action camera with a Sony sensor and a decent app it should be great.
Can you recommend any that i could purchase on Amazon Ched?

Can you recommend any that i could purchase on Amazon Ched?
This one Action Camera gets good reviews, has 2 batteries and a remote control. I haven't used this one and don't know about the app but as it's Amazon if you don't get on with it you can return it fairly easilly.
I have an SJ4000 and a GoPro Session 5 but these where bought for being strapped to quadcopters zooming about. They are both good at fast light level changes which is handy when looking at gutters and one side is into the sun and then round the corner is shaded.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tried this and kept having to reconnect, ok if you're doing the odd house here and there but no good if you're working all day on big commercial jobs.
No problem with the Apemans connection, take a few spare battery's and your away...sod paying 1k someone paying that wants checking out by the docs from the neck up.

No problem with the Apemans connection, take a few spare battery's and your away...sod paying 1k someone paying that wants checking out by the docs from the neck up.
As I always say, any expenditure should be relevant to earnings. If you're doing £1k a year of gutter work then it's crazy to spend big money on any type of equipment.
If you're doing £30k+ a year then expenditure isn't such a big problem.

@JohnDoeWindows I will be listing my inspection camera on eBay shortly. As far as I know it either the same model (or similar) that gutter vacuum systems sell (cam park x30). It has two batteries and loads of attachments including the clear plastic case and also a little square adapter that will fit on the Gardiner Gooseneck and another bracket you can clamp round a pole. I've attached a photo if it's of any interest (also comes with it's box).

Attachments

• IMG_20230227_104922250.jpg
    IMG_20230227_104922250.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 11
Hi All,

I currently use an Action Camera to inspect the gutters im clearing out for customers which works well, but just doesnt go into Landscape mode, meaning its a little small to view on my phone.
Im able to record footage/take photos and then show in landscape mode but just doesnt allow in live time.

The Camera I use is this from amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09TL6PJQ9/?tag=wcf01-21

The app that you use with this is called DV_King4k on the iPhone.
Does anybody else use this app? Do they know if landscape mode is there as an option and im not missing something? Or is there another compatible app out there which will go landscape mode for me to view the gutters easier?

Cheers!

Andy

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Can I ask what app you use with your apeman? I have the A70 from a few years ago, still works well but no app available on android, I need to use sd card

Back