Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trying to take over your round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

hes a cheeky get who cause one woman asked him to do the Windows cause she never seen us cause of her work hours he jumped on it and has been going around knocking on doors saying do you want a new window cleaner saying he does a great job on my round that I bought legitimately and he’s working on the side.plus I’m not worried but I’m not having it

hes a cheeky get who cause one woman asked him to do the Windows cause she never seen us cause of her work hours he jumped on it and has been going around knocking on doors saying do you want a new window cleaner saying he does a great job on my round that I bought legitimately and he’s working on the side.plus I’m not worried but I’m not having it
If he’s claiming dole then report him get a few pictures of him working and forward them to the dss.

That’s the problem when buying a round your taking a gamble on other people’s good faith to remain to the new Window Cleaner. 

No one can stop a customer from switching services, just one of those things in life that are **** ?‍♂️

Reading this he needs reporting if he is on the fiddle, but as for anyone knocking doors/canvassing then absolutely it's a free market as we don't owe the customers and they can chose who they want. 

How many of your customers had a previous window cleaner before you?. As said the customer decides who he/she employs to clean their windows.

No such thing nowadays as "this area or this estate is my round", it is a free market. Competition is what it is called. I did 2 houses next to each other on Friday, another windie was doing the next one along. There was no "what are you doing, Ime doing this street" business...just a hello, and quick comment about the last few weeks weather.

Would of been better building your own round, the time spent dwelling of these lost customers you could of just door knocked and got new customers yourself from scratch. It would of been more rewarding and less stressful for yourself. 

Hes not cheeky at all, hes just putting him self out there like all the other windows cleaners do, he might be cheeky according to you because you paid for a few houses on goodwill, but just cos u bought them houses it does not mean u have a right to clean them.

Did u know when a window cleaning round is bought it is normal that u will lose 50/50 jobs, this is how a round takeover works. some people will say they never lost a customer on a take over and some will say they will but honest it is normal to lose 50% of your customers when u take over a round. 

U just got to take it and battle on and learn not to buy a round again, however I wish u all the best.

Would of been better building your own round, the time spent dwelling of these lost customers you could of just door knocked and got new customers yourself from scratch. It would of been more rewarding and less stressful for yourself. 

Hes not cheeky at all, hes just putting him self out there like all the other windows cleaners do, he might be cheeky according to you because you paid for a few houses on goodwill, but just cos u bought them houses it does not mean u have a right to clean them.

Did u know when a window cleaning round is bought it is normal that u will lose 50/50 jobs, this is how a round takeover works. some people will say they never lost a customer on a take over and some will say they will but honest it is normal to lose 50% of your customers when u take over a round. 

U just got to take it and battle on and learn not to buy a round again, however I wish u all the best.

If you loose 50% of a round you have purchased you must be doing something drastically wrong , I don’t and never have bought work but know a few that have and they have only ever lost the odd one hear and there , if you provide a good reliable service do a good job , why would you loose work ?.. I think this is a very sweeping statement based on hot air .

I have just sold a round ,    no guarantee he will keep these 23 customers.  There are around 7 Companies in this area.      I told him he may loose a few .    That's accepted.    If  these customers were in a Rural area it may be safer to keep.  

But in a highly residential area   there will be ongoing Canvassing from other guys.    If they do not like the finished product   They will change there Window Cleaner.       It may pish you off but just get out doing what he is doing Canvassing.      Face 2 Face

I have lost a few lately,    But have taken on 3 customers to cover each lost customer..   atm   I can do this in the areas where I work.   

Remember there r a lot of us about.    sometimes we get too comfortable  with our customers but they can easily Dump you without any reason.   This is what can Pish you off

If you loose 50% of a round you have purchased you must be doing something drastically wrong , I don’t and never have bought work but know a few that have and they have only ever lost the odd one hear and there , if you provide a good reliable service do a good job , why would you loose work ?.. I think this is a very sweeping statement based on hot air .
I agree with ths comment. I have over 200 customers (just enough for what I need) and have only lost maybe 2 over the past 7 1/2 years to someone being cheaper. They wern't worth keeping anyway - obviously!! If you have a good rapport with your customers and do a first class clean, and  you are reliable there is no need for them to change. There have been other window cleaners trying to poach my customers in the past being cheaper, but the customers have said no. They stay with me because I'm reliable and they trust me!! People very rarely change for someone cheaper, and if they do they aren't the type of customer that I want to keep.

Hope that makes sense.

Ive never bought work either but ive heard some horror stories ? i reckon taking over a round can be more hard work then building a round, building a window cleaning round is very simple compared to taking over a round.

I have just sold a round ,    no guarantee he will keep these 23 customers.  There are around 7 Companies in this area.      I told him he may loose a few .    That's accepted.    If  these customers were in a Rural area it may be safer to keep.  

But in a highly residential area   there will be ongoing Canvassing from other guys.    If they do not like the finished product   They will change there Window Cleaner.       It may pish you off but just get out doing what he is doing Canvassing.      Face 2 Face

I have lost a few lately,    But have taken on 3 customers to cover each lost customer..   atm   I can do this in the areas where I work.   

Remember there r a lot of us about.    sometimes we get too comfortable  with our customers but they can easily Dump you without any reason.   This is what can Pish you off
Jonny there isnt 7 companies in the area , more like 20 + EASY ?

And no Jonny there isnt a lot of us... there is a shortage of window cleaners in the North East hence the reason a lot of new window cleaners are starting up, plenty of work left right and centre.

Ive never bought work either but ive heard some horror stories ? i reckon taking over a round can be more hard work then building a round, building a window cleaning round is very simple compared to taking over a round.

And no Jonny there isnt a lot of us... there is a shortage of window cleaners in the North East hence the reason a lot of new window cleaners are starting up, plenty of work left right and centre.
That's why its imperative to build up a relationship with your customer. With bacs and go cashless then its hard to even meet your customer. Its easy to drop a window cleaner by text especially if you don't know what they look like. Early evening I was collecting money from half a dozen customers and having a chat with them as I do. At one door I asked where all the moss was coming from on her door step. She told me it was the porch lean-to roof and getting trampled into her hall. I said i will power wash the small roof for free to see if it makes a difference when I'm cleaning the slabs across the road. Kill 2 birds with one stone scenario. That's how I keep customers by doing small freebies and who knows, I may get the roof to do later on.

Key to customer loyalty is that they want YOU not just a windie - because you offer something 'else' (aka USP - google it) 

I think the reason a lot are starting up as window cleaners is because  the access to Pure water and affordability of WFP and "skill level" required in using it

Back