Jump to content
Pane

Water Tank 400 Litre

Recommended Posts

Pane

Hi All.

Im looking to buy a 400 Litre water tank for my window cleaning business.

I have a Transit Connect T220.

Could i ask for useful pointers & advice on buying,fitting & installing please ?.

Thanks all.

Pane - WillShine.

Share this post


Link to post
Coops

Hi try Pure Freedom, they sell tanks and cages to fit. The cages are strong and bolt them down and fit a strap to your tie down points. You will also need an outlet tap for the tank. If you give them a call they are helpful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Pane
2 minutes ago, Coops said:

Hi try Pure Freedom, they sell tanks and cages to fit. The cages are strong and bolt them down and fit a strap to your tie down points. You will also need an outlet tap for the tank. If you give them a call they are helpful. 

Thanks Coops for tip..

I wasnt thinking of a cage to secure,but attach Strong Lorry ratchets (×4 ) from water tank to metal eye lets which are bolted to the false floor...

I just need to make sure the Connect T220 dimensions are adequate for either an Upright or Flat water tank ? 

Looking for advice,concerning above issues.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Coops

I have 4 transit connects with 500ltr tanks and cages, the upright tank fits well in the back with room for the reels. I would recommend using a cage as you don't want it moving if you are involved in an accident. I use the ratchets as well as the cage.

Share this post


Link to post
Pane
4 hours ago, Coops said:

I have 4 transit connects with 500ltr tanks and cages, the upright tank fits well in the back with room for the reels. I would recommend using a cage as you don't want it moving if you are involved in an accident. I use the ratchets as well as the cage.

Fair play Coops - Another 100 Litre's is 100 kilo's . A Big difference fella!.

Truely,4 x sufficient rachet straps combined bolted eyelets,would be secure enough.

Given,13 years in Hgv transport,secure & safe transit.

Pane.

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Pane said:

Fair play Coops - Another 100 Litre's is 100 kilo's . A Big difference fella!.

Truely,4 x sufficient rachet straps combined bolted eyelets,would be secure enough.

Given,13 years in Hgv transport,secure & safe transit.

Pane.

Personally I wouldn't be strapping a tank in as the factory fitted eyelets are totally insufficient, below is a tie-down eyelet out of my van and a nut the same size nut as was under the van, over 450kg in smash will rip these out of the floor I would have thought.

a properly installed tank with a frame fitted with high tensile bolts and spreader plates underneath the van, Purefreedom had their system crash tested some years ago The Cleaning Warehouse have a crash tested system and also GrippaTank as you are based in Kent you would have to weigh up which one is closest to you. 

20200202_115541.jpg

Edited by Iron Giant
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Pane
3 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

Personally I wouldn't be strapping a tank in as the factory fitted eyelets are totally insufficient, below is tie-down eyelet out of my van and a nut the same size nut as was under the van, over 450kg in smash will rip these out of the floor I would have thought.

a properly installed tank with a frame is fitted with high tensile bolts and spreader plates underneath the van, Purefreedom had their system crash tested some years ago The Cleaning Warehouse have a crash tested system and also GrippaTank as you are based in Kent you would have to weigh up which one is closest to you. 

20200202_115541.jpg

Hhmm,thanks Iron Giant.

Thats given me alot of thought,obvious reasons - some things we overlook!.

Thats pretty serious mate🤔...Safety is ultimate!.

 - Cleaning Warehouse way up Birmingham way...

- Grippatank & Purefreedom,yet to find out...Lots of hard research currently for bestway forwards...

Nothing worth having,comes easy.

Cheers IG.

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
4 minutes ago, Pane said:

Hhmm,thanks Iron Giant.

Thats given me alot of thought,obvious reasons - some things we overlook!.

Thats pretty serious mate🤔...Safety is ultimate!.

 - Cleaning Warehouse way up Birmingham way...

- Grippatank & Purefreedom,yet to find out...Lots of hard research currently for bestway forwards...

Nothing worth having,comes easy.

Cheers IG.

I am based near Durham and had to travel a similar distance to PureFreedom in Grimsby and it was a full day out, https://www.grippatank.co.uk will be closer but they are more expensive systems there is this firm https://www.aquafactors.com/window-cleaning-systems/mobile-washing-systems-mobile-cleaning-systems/ but I don't know anything about them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Pane
1 minute ago, Iron Giant said:

I am based near Durham and had to travel a similar distance to PureFreedom in Grimsby and it was a full day out, https://www.grippatank.co.uk will be closer but they are more expensive systems there is this firm https://www.aquafactors.com/window-cleaning-systems/mobile-washing-systems-mobile-cleaning-systems/ but I don't know anything about them. 

Cheers IG - appreciate the encouragement.

Share this post


Link to post
Pane
43 minutes ago, Pane said:

Cheers IG - appreciate the encouragement.

How far did you need to travel from Durham to PureFreedom (Grimsby) ?.

Cheers IG - Pane👍

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
37 minutes ago, Pane said:

How far did you need to travel from Durham to PureFreedom (Grimsby) ?.

Cheers IG - Pane👍

It was a 270 mile round trip and I had to occupy myself about 5-6 hours whilst the fitting took place, so better to have somewhere were you are able to go to pass the time, I went to spoons for breakfast and sat in there for hours reading a book then had a walk round the shopping centre went somewhere for dinner then had a walk about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Pane
17 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

It was a 270 mile round trip and I had to occupy myself about 5-6 hours whilst the fitting took place, so better to have somewhere were you are able to go to pass the time, I went to spoons for breakfast and sat in there for hours reading a book then had a walk round the shopping centre went somewhere for dinner then had a walk about. 

😯 - A mission then IG!.

Share this post


Link to post
Pane
3 minutes ago, Pane said:

😯 - A mission then IG!.

For me IG...

Its an approx 600 mile round trip (Grimsby - PureFreedom) then the ⌚5 - 6 hrs to get fitted...

GrippaTank - 300 mile round trip at worse...near Cambridge...Saving ⌚...both ⌚ & money...i reckon it'll even out IG😉.

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
3 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

It was a 270 mile round trip and I had to occupy myself about 5-6 hours whilst the fitting took place, so better to have somewhere were you are able to go to pass the time, I went to spoons for breakfast and sat in there for hours reading a book then had a walk round the shopping centre went somewhere for dinner then had a walk about. 

They dropped me off at the golf course 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Pane
1 minute ago, Part Timer said:

They dropped me off at the golf course 😀

That was good of IG😉

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
4 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

They dropped me off at the golf course 😀

I'm not posh enough for the golf club, did they let you in 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
8 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

I'm not posh enough for the golf club, did they let you in 😂

It was in January, wet and cold so they probably thought I was mad. First impressions tend to be right 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.