Jump to content
Steven culley

Resin on windows?

Recommended Posts

Steven culley
Posted (edited)

Last week when working with wfp i have noticed loads of tiny grit left on windows which to me looks like resin. Has anyone ever had this? And do you know what will be wrong with my di vessels for resin to be going through them into my water tank?

Thanks for your time guys!

Edited by Steven culley

Share this post


Link to post
Wind o kleen
1 hour ago, Steven culley said:

Last week when working with wfp i have noticed loads of tiny grit left on windows which to me looks like resin. Has anyone ever had this? And do you know what will be wrong with my di vessels for resin to be going through them into my water tank?

Thanks for your time guys!

Strainer between tank outlet and pump 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Steven culley
3 minutes ago, Wind o kleen said:

Strainer between tank outlet and pump 

 

Thanks for your response. How often do you need to clean out strainer? The pump is located in an awkward position that is tricky to reach.

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
1 minute ago, Steven culley said:

Thanks for your response. How often do you need to clean out strainer? The pump is located in an awkward position that is tricky to reach.

Depending how much stuff is in your tank only once or twice per year 

Share this post


Link to post
spruce
2 hours ago, Steven culley said:

Last week when working with wfp i have noticed loads of tiny grit left on windows which to me looks like resin. Has anyone ever had this? And do you know what will be wrong with my di vessels for resin to be going through them into my water tank?

Thanks for your time guys!

Why not look down the page and see the comment "resin in my water tank."

Share this post


Link to post
Steven culley

Yes i noticed that..... Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
spruce
10 hours ago, Steven culley said:

Yes i noticed that..... Cheers.

👍

We know its not Tulsion. Unfortunately we also know it would be unethical for @doug atkinson to name the brand of resin as he is a supplier.

Share this post


Link to post
Coops

I've had this and I have a strainer prior to my pump. It turned out to be the hose breaking down inside as it was old. We changed the hose and it was fine. Just an Idea!!

Share this post


Link to post
Steven culley
On 08/03/2020 at 15:55, Coops said:

I've had this and I have a strainer prior to my pump. It turned out to be the hose breaking down inside as it was old. We changed the hose and it was fine. Just an Idea!!

Ok thanks for the suggestion. I think it may be a problem with the di vessel riser as tried to have a look at it today and the bottom of the riser wasnt properly attached as it came right off when i tried to pull riser out of vessel....annoyingly its at the bottom of the 30l vessel full of resin!!

Share this post


Link to post
doug atkinson
12 hours ago, Steven culley said:

Ok thanks for the suggestion. I think it may be a problem with the di vessel riser as tried to have a look at it today and the bottom of the riser wasnt properly attached as it came right off when i tried to pull riser out of vessel....annoyingly its at the bottom of the 30l vessel full of resin!!

Is this a new vessel as bottom filter is always glued onto the riser tube. I would glue it

Share this post


Link to post
Steven culley
6 minutes ago, doug atkinson said:

Is this a new vessel as bottom filter is always glued onto the riser tube. I would glue it

No the vessels are about 5 years old so will look into glueing it. Will thr inline strainer be enough to fix the problem of resin on windows or will i need to fix the vessels as obviously resin is getting through the vessels into my tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Steven culley

I thought I would post an update to my post of seeing what looks like resin on the glass after rinsing. I have fitted inline strainers, changed my resin and I’m still having the same problem. It is driving me mad. One suggestion I have had is that it might be pollen that hasn’t scrubbed and rinsed off the glass (this would make sense as I have had this problem since March and you don’t see the dots straight away, only after it has dried a bit) I’m still convinced it’s resin but I can’t say for sure. Has anyone else had this problem and any solutions....please share.

Share this post


Link to post
spruce
8 hours ago, Steven culley said:

I thought I would post an update to my post of seeing what looks like resin on the glass after rinsing. I have fitted inline strainers, changed my resin and I’m still having the same problem. It is driving me mad. One suggestion I have had is that it might be pollen that hasn’t scrubbed and rinsed off the glass (this would make sense as I have had this problem since March and you don’t see the dots straight away, only after it has dried a bit) I’m still convinced it’s resin but I can’t say for sure. Has anyone else had this problem and any solutions....please share.

If its resin it can only be getting into your water via the tube or basket filters.

We get grit particles on some windows right on the coast. We can see it accumulate on the window sills before we clean them. This fine grit is flushed out behind the opening window frames and the seals. Its not just only on the glass. There are a couple of street houses which are a nightmare to clean.

There was a report somewhere of someone also experiencing this. What resin are you using? Apparently some resin beads are very fine in one manufacturers product. I'm believe @doug atkinson reported this recently but for obvious reasons didn't name the manufacturer. It wasn't Tulsion as he supplies that. 😀 We also use Tulsion and don't have an issue either - but then again the last packet of resin I purchased was 4 years ago and the world went crazy after this with regard to resin supplies.

Share this post


Link to post
Steven culley
6 hours ago, spruce said:

If its resin it can only be getting into your water via the tube or basket filters.

We get grit particles on some windows right on the coast. We can see it accumulate on the window sills before we clean them. This fine grit is flushed out behind the opening window frames and the seals. Its not just only on the glass. There are a couple of street houses which are a nightmare to clean.

There was a report somewhere of someone also experiencing this. What resin are you using? Apparently some resin beads are very fine in one manufacturers product. I'm believe @doug atkinson reported this recently but for obvious reasons didn't name the manufacturer. It wasn't Tulsion as he supplies that. 😀 We also use Tulsion and don't have an issue either - but then again the last packet of resin I purchased was 4 years ago and the world went crazy after this with regard to resin supplies.

I was using tulsion but just changed over to ionics mb resin. I had a look at the riser and baskets of my di vessels and they all look fine except in the grooves of both baskets there are resin particles in the grooves, is that normal? Im tempted to buy 2 new vessels and just start again but dont want to waste money when that might not be the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
spruce
51 minutes ago, Steven culley said:

I was using tulsion but just changed over to ionics mb resin. I had a look at the riser and baskets of my di vessels and they all look fine except in the grooves of both baskets there are resin particles in the grooves, is that normal? Im tempted to buy 2 new vessels and just start again but dont want to waste money when that might not be the problem.

It could be normal for resin beads to be trapped in some places depending on the design of the baskets. Resin just mustn't get through the mesh. The only other place is the riser tube. The riser tube on mine is held into the head with an o ring which is supposed to act as a seal as well.

We have always filled our di vessel with water after we put new resin inside the vessel. It made it easier to push the riser tube and baskets in. Once the riser tube popped out during assembly when we didn't do this. I like what one youtuber does by inserting the basket into the empty vessel, covering the top of the pipe and the filling the vessel with new resin. I'm going to do that next time.  One of the problems with inserting the assembly into the vessel with resin inside is that you can't be sure you have assembled it correctly because you cant see anything.

Share this post


Link to post
ks789
18 hours ago, Steven culley said:

I thought I would post an update to my post of seeing what looks like resin on the glass after rinsing. I have fitted inline strainers, changed my resin and I’m still having the same problem. It is driving me mad. One suggestion I have had is that it might be pollen that hasn’t scrubbed and rinsed off the glass (this would make sense as I have had this problem since March and you don’t see the dots straight away, only after it has dried a bit) I’m still convinced it’s resin but I can’t say for sure. Has anyone else had this problem and any solutions....please share.

If its resin I presume it must be happening on every window, whereas if it was pollen it would only be on certain windows. If pollen should still come off with a scrub and rinse though.

Share this post


Link to post
doug atkinson
4 hours ago, Steven culley said:

I was using tulsion but just changed over to ionics mb resin. I had a look at the riser and baskets of my di vessels and they all look fine except in the grooves of both baskets there are resin particles in the grooves, is that normal? Im tempted to buy 2 new vessels and just start again but dont want to waste money when that might not be the problem.

Are you getting 000 ppm with the Ionics resin as had a couple stating they were getting 001. I’ve never seen Ionics resin but you can tell the quality of the beads. If you rub Tulsion beads between your fingers you can feel the beads rolling.

With other resins I have seen notably the fake Tulsion stuff if you rub the beads in between your fingers they crumble. So in effect you could have resin coming out.

Share this post


Link to post
Steven culley
2 hours ago, doug atkinson said:

Are you getting 000 ppm with the Ionics resin as had a couple stating they were getting 001. I’ve never seen Ionics resin but you can tell the quality of the beads. If you rub Tulsion beads between your fingers you can feel the beads rolling.

With other resins I have seen notably the fake Tulsion stuff if you rub the beads in between your fingers they crumble. So in effect you could have resin coming out.

Thanks, i will keep that in mind. Yes im getting 000, i have ordered a new distribution head for my vessels and going to be cleaning out the tank of resin.....has anyone ever done that before? Any tips?

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
7 hours ago, Steven culley said:

I was using tulsion but just changed over to ionics mb resin. I had a look at the riser and baskets of my di vessels and they all look fine except in the grooves of both baskets there are resin particles in the grooves, is that normal? Im tempted to buy 2 new vessels and just start again but dont want to waste money when that might not be the problem.

Have you got strainers before your pump ?? The mesh in them Is so  fine I would doubt any resin would get through it , 

Share this post


Link to post
RWCleaning

I think I’ve noticed this before, but never taken much notice of it. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.