Are window cleaners still allowed to work during Coronavirus (Covid-19)?

Markyboy 50

scottish cleaning service
3 minutes ago, Fish4fun said:

I'm in Scotland too..but not ventured out yet.. waiting to see if we get a decent financial offer  from government ..will find out 2moro afternoon.👍

I think you will need last 3yrs of accounts which they will verify with Inland Revenue so they can calculate a weekly amount.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave B

• Part Timer

• NoName

• scottish cleaning service

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey all, been trying to keep up on this topic, which is quite hard right now with the volume of posts being added each day.  I just want to make a note here that there isn't a right or wrong answ

Maybe this will help clear things up. Official Coronavirus guidelines: 1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can. 2. Masks are useless, bu

Ordered a Chinese to my house. the Chinese driver pulls up and walks to the door and I walked out to meet him.  He started shouting isolate isolate.  I said mate calm down your not that late

Posted Images

Just now, scottish cleaning service said:

I think you will need last 3yrs of accounts which they will verify with Inland Revenue so they can calculate a weekly amount.

I hope that’s how it will work 😂😂

5 minutes ago, Pjj said:

I hope that’s how it will work 😂😂

Well that's what I heard so I'm out of the picture as I only have two years and earned little money due to my spending. I have landed lucky at moment with work so can't complain.

Crystalalan

Theres some really smart people out there.

Edited by Crystalalan
type o
3 hours ago, karl73091 said:

Take it with a pinch of salt ,  windies have allways bragged about their  earnings, not a clue why they do tell porkeys

My Dad always said to me you can't believe a word what other window cleaners say about what they earn. Lol. 

Tom tc cleaning
On 23/03/2020 at 21:27, Jase2k2k said:

I'm trying to figure out how this will effect me. I can put things in place not to have any contact with customers. But I need to work...they are not supporting self employed! So can I work? 

Yes they say gardens and window cleaning is ok to carry on they said yesterday I have worked all week and happy to see you and if people look at you funny forget about it they would work if it ment keeping you and family ok just be safe when working image.thumb.jpeg.a01c6c25bb6deaf72562ea9b22daf281.jpeg👋 wear gloves 🧤 

The very fact that they have said for us to keep working makes me think we will get shafted tomorrow and more than likely be forced to work on. Especially if you haven't had your business up and running with decent profits over the last 3 years

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Crystalalan said:

Well they are the ones who will be dishing out the fines. Seems a logical step to me.

In that case, they would be dishing out fines illegally!

There are better sources out there than the police for advice on Government's policy.

8 hours ago, GazGleam said:

The very fact that they have said for us to keep working makes me think we will get shafted tomorrow and more than likely be forced to work on. Especially if you haven't had your business up and running with decent profits over the last 3 years

We do not just go to one location like a warehouse worker...we go to multiple addresses and if we have contracted the virus unknowingly  we are taking that virus with us....the point of Government calling for people to stay at home.....most of them do not visit so many places as us in a day!!. So us not working is as or more important.

If we end up without a financial package the Government is causing the potential of opposite of what they want to achieve  with their current "advice" on only going out for exercise once a day etc.

And probably WFP where dragging hose through properties etc and moving on to another multiple times a day will cause contamination possibly !!!

13 minutes ago, mike007 said:

We do not just go to one location like a warehouse worker...we go to multiple addresses and if we have contracted the virus unknowingly  we are taking that virus with us....the point of Government calling for people to stay at home.....most of them do not visit so many places as us in a day!!. So us not working is as or more important.

If we end up without a financial package the Government is causing the potential of opposite of what they want to achieve  with their current "advice" on only going out for exercise once a day etc.

And probably WFP where dragging hose through properties etc and moving on to another multiple times a day will cause contamination possibly !!!

Posties are still allowed to work, was talking to ours yesterday she was wearing gloves no doubt the same pair of gloves all day, she isn't allowed to go out at all after work no doubt goes to 100's of houses a day,

she said her husband took their dog for a walk the day before and got questioned by the police he was mile away from home and told to go home as he is apprentley only allowed to walk the dog round the block pile of 💩 some people on social media are saying only allowed 1 hour exercise a day, think plenty in power are doing what they want 

The business reporter on Breakfast news just said £1,700 a month would be the payout, this will be complicated as they need to filter through who is or isn't working or who has been told not to work under the current guidance, no payout potentially till the end of April 

Edited by Iron Giant
9 hours ago, Tom tc cleaning said:

Yes they say gardens and window cleaning is ok to carry on they said yesterday I have worked all week and happy to see you and if people look at you funny forget about it they would work if it ment keeping you and family ok just be safe when working image.thumb.jpeg.a01c6c25bb6deaf72562ea9b22daf281.jpeg👋 wear gloves 🧤 imageproxy.php?img=&key=fb1a62c1a6250c60imageproxy.php?img=&key=fb1a62c1a6250c60

Where did you see this ?

5 minutes ago, mupps said:

Where did you see this ?

That's what the First Minister has said in Scotland, not the UK.

15 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

Posties are still allowed to work, was talking to ours yesterday she was wearing gloves no doubt the same pair of gloves all day, she isn't allowed to go out at all after work no doubt goes to 100's of houses a day,

she said her husband took their dog for a walk the day before and got questioned by the police he was mile away from home and told to go home as he is apprentley only allowed to walk the dog round the block pile of 💩 some people on social media are saying only allowed 1 hour exercise a day, think plenty in power are doing what they want 

The business reporter on Breakfast news just said £1,700 a month would be the payout, this will be complicated as they need to filter through who is or isn't working or who has been told not to work under the current guidance, no payout potentially till the end of April 

Loopholes to say no you aren’t entitled, u could have worked!

I heard the Banks are at it again just like 2008. They are asking business owners to put up their homes as collateral before they give them emergency loans or increase their funding. Banks never learn and they wonder why we don't like most of them. Business owners now have a mind and heart decision, I guess a lot more small businesses will fold next month.