Anti Vandal Grease on Brush

ShropsWindowCleaner

ShropsWindowCleaner

How would you deal with cleaning a brush that has been contaminated with anti vandal grease? Without thinking I cleaned a 10p size blotch of grease off a skylight, and then cleaned several windows. The windows got the grease spread all over them like butter and dried horrifically. I had to trad clean them with fairy to try and get the anti vandal grease off the glass. I can’t use my brush until i remove the grease? I was thinking of soaking it in citrolsol? Has this happened to anyone else? 🤦🏼‍♂️

Diamond geezer

Yep i picked a load of grease once,cant remember the full details,but yes transfereing grease to windows etc.I think i used white spirit to clean the grease out,followed by fairy then rinse rinse rinse.Come to think of it i might just have used neat fairy only

• Like 1

Pigeon repellent gel is another nasty that you don't want to get on your brush. It was the most sticky, gooey stuff I've ever come across. I was recommended on one of the forums to try soaking the brush in a hot biological washing powder solution. I did this, rubbing the solution well into the bristles. Let it soak for quite a while then rinsed it thoroughly. If memory serves I had to do it twice. Nothing else I tried worked.

• Like 1
Daniel Perkins

Big bowl of hot water, filled with fairy and degreaser, let the brush sit in it? As said above, washing powder seems a good choice too.

Edited by Daniel Perkins
  • Like 1
ShropsWindowCleaner

Thanks for the suggestions everyone 👍🏻 Since i already have citrosol cleaner in the van, i’m going to make a solution using boiling water and then let the brush sit in the solution for a few days. Will let you know the results. In the meantime i’ve ordered a new brush 🤦🏼‍♂️

Hot water and dishwasher tablets can be very good at cleaning many sticky things

Edited by Skxawng
  • Like 1
Cottonlung

Use a jet wash to blast the bulk of the grease off.. then use a degreaser 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, ShropsWindowCleaner said:

How would you deal with cleaning a brush that has been contaminated with anti vandal grease? Without thinking I cleaned a 10p size blotch of grease off a skylight, and then cleaned several windows. The windows got the grease spread all over them like butter and dried horrifically. I had to trad clean them with fairy to try and get the anti vandal grease off the glass. I can’t use my brush until i remove the grease? I was thinking of soaking it in citrolsol? Has this happened to anyone else? 🤦🏼‍♂️

Poundland elbow grease or Gunk engine degreaser. Stay well away from boiling hot water as the bristles will curl and shrink like your little fella on a winters morning 

• Haha 1