Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How hard to press onto the glass ?

Azz1

Hello everyone. I have just completed a business and I have noticed a few faint scratches on it, nothing major thankfully. Would it be because I press on to the glass to hard, it's this even possible ? How hard or not does everyone else press on to the glass to clean it. Thanks

The harder you press the more likely you'll be to scratching the glass but that will only happen if your brush is dirty.

Unless you're trying to remove a bad mark the pole shouldn't  be bending under pressure from you. You're also expending more energy then you need to.

The vast majority of dirt on glass is very loose, atmospheric soot and stuff that the wind has blown on to it. With a couple of light passes and a rinse everything is usually gone. Pollen/spider poo and bird poo being the exceptions.
 The tougher stuff to clean is the corners usually, which is where the cobwebs sit, also green algae and lichen on the sills and moss caught in the seals

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock