Blimey, bit steep.

Was just browsing on ebay and I see what looks like a standard 4040 ro for over 4 grand!!!  🧐  you'll see it on there if you look. crazeeee.

30 minutes ago, ks789 said:

Was just browsing on ebay and I see what looks like a standard 4040 ro for over 4 grand!!!  🧐  you'll see it on there if you look. crazeeee.

You could always buy it with the money from the second Gov grant 🤔

3 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

You could always buy it with the money from the second Gov grant 🤔

not me mate, Id only get about 350 as id just started and made loss first year. ( not that id be ungrateful for that but dont reckon I'll bother as picked up a lot now)

3 hours ago, ks789 said:

Someone at Collins must have been smoking Wacky Weed before setting those prices unless that includes the price of the business as well. 😅  Cheap components and Chinese manufactured membrane.

Edited by spruce
7 hours ago, paul0007 said:

On the grant business, any body claiming for second grant?? 

There is a post on this, just scroll down through posts 

What you will find is that these auctions/listing have been running for a very long time and this generally helps them reach a higher position in search results. The main reason behind the ridiculous price is that they currently don't have stock but don't want to lose all the hard work with search results etc so they amend the listing at a stupid price so as not to lose the listing but aren't in danger of selling it till they amend the listing again once stock is back in. 

5 hours ago, Baldmonkey said:

What you will find is that these auctions/listing have been running for a very long time and this generally helps them reach a higher position in search results. The main reason behind the ridiculous price is that they currently don't have stock but don't want to lose all the hard work with search results etc so they amend the listing at a stupid price so as not to lose the listing but aren't in danger of selling it till they amend the listing again once stock is back in. 

That’s my ‘something new’ learnt for today. I’d never have thought of that. 

Philip Hardy
On 28/08/2020 at 10:08, Baldmonkey said:

Bald monkey has it spot on 👍

1 hour ago, Philip Hardy said:

Bald monkey has it spot on 👍

I wonder what it does to their long term reputation. Someone seeing this advert for the first time is going to remember how expensive they were the next time they see an advert.

Its like you quoting £50 for a £10 job. All the potential customer will remember about you is that price you quoted.

• Agree 2
On 28/08/2020 at 10:08, Baldmonkey said:

Spot on. I wanted some filters for my fish tank they are usually around £15 but were up for over a grand until they came back on stock. 

2 hours ago, Cleanco said:

Spot on. I wanted some filters for my fish tank they are usually around £15 but were up for over a grand until they came back on stock. 

If your a windy you could afford them anyway 😂😂😂😂

18 hours ago, spruce said:

I wonder what it does to their long term reputation. Someone seeing this advert for the first time is going to remember how expensive they were the next time they see an advert.

Its like you quoting £50 for a £10 job. All the potential customer will remember about you is that price you quoted.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that these days.. If you went into a shop in the "olden days" and it was expensive, you are spot on that you would remember if it was dear and not return. 

These days no one really looks at the seller on amazon and eBay, just the product and price. I used to sell an automotive product on ebay and we had 8 out of the top ten most viewed/purchased product according to a website that analysed ebay rankings. 

Then we had people selling the same products for a couple of quid cheaper but our sales out stripped there's by a mile due to auction search results.