Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Isofix in vans anyone?

DrGonzoSnr

Just now, DrGonzoSnr said:

Can people say if their 3 seater vans have isofix in the passenger seats please!? 

Can't find the information online. 

Specifications differ from one country to another I would google the vehicle you are looking at in your country 

46 minutes ago, DrGonzoSnr said:

Anyone care to share? 

Isofix was added to Citroën cars sold in the UK in the early to mid 2000s. Our Citroën Xsara has them. No Citroën van had that option. Seeing as the Fiat Ducato was from the same factory they didn't have it either and nor did the Iveco.

My 2004 Citroën Relay didn't and neither does my 2012 Peugeot Boxer. My son's 2002 Peugeot Partner nor his 2002 Citroën Berlingo have it either.

If the van is fitted with Isofix now it will be in the spec brochure. In the early days transporting children in a van was not frowned on but wasn't encouraged either. A van is not the safest place for children, especially if there is not a secure steel bulkhead separating the cargo area from the cabin.

Added: Isofix is not part of the latest spec of a Peugeot Expert van.

Edited by spruce

Thanks. 

I don't think I'm going to find any. I have a nice isofix car seat but no car any more. Only my van without isofix. Would look replace the van in a year or two but it looks like there's no point keeping hold of the car seat. 

1 hour ago, DrGonzoSnr said:

Thanks. 

I don't think I'm going to find any. I have a nice isofix car seat but no car any more. Only my van without isofix. Would look replace the van in a year or two but it looks like there's no point keeping hold of the car seat. 

If you went for a Peugeot Expert Combi (people carrier) then Isofix is an optional extra for the second row rear passenger bench  seat.

https://business.peugeot.co.uk/showroom/peugeot-expert-combi/

I'm sure that doesn't help you though.

The other thing is that kids grow up so quickly. Within no time the car seat is just a booster seat and then the booster seat is gone. Time flies by so fast. Although we have 2 booster seats still in the back of our car for the grandchildren, my son's family car doesn't have them any longer. We haven't told my wife yet.😂

Edited by spruce

You will probably find that most 3 seater vans don’t have them as the double seat is not as wide as two single seats so with a car seat it would take up more than half the seat. Most three seater vans also have the in their manuals that you shouldn’t put a car seat in the middle position as the kids feet get in the way of the gearstick I believe. 
I specifically brought a Peugeot boxer as the double seat is wide enough to get two car seats in but I don’t  think it has isofix

Edited by TWC
7 minutes ago, TWC said:

You will probably find that most 3 seater vans don’t have them as the double seat is not as wide as two single seats so with a car seat it would take up more than half the seat. Most three seater vans also have the in their manuals that you shouldn’t put a car seat in the middle position as the kids feet get in the way of the gearstick I believe. 
I specifically brought a Peugeot boxer as the double seat is wide enough to get two car seats in but I ddon’t not think it has isofix

My Boxer will also fit 2 car seats in but doesn't have Isofix.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.