Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Annoying drop down ads

steve garwood

steve garwood

I know we have to have advertising on here to keep the forum going. But these new ‘drop down’ ads are really getting on my nerves.

Is there anyway of stopping them?

1 hour ago, steve garwood said:

I know we have to have advertising on here to keep the forum going. But these new ‘drop down’ ads are really getting on my nerves.

Totally agree. They are ridiculous,  blocking the forum contents making the experience less and now almost can't be bothered to use it 

steve garwood
1 hour ago, Martyn said:

Firefox with pop up blocker. 😎

I have absolutely no idea what you’re on about 😩👨‍🦰

2 hours ago, steve garwood said:

Become a WCF Hero like me 🤣

• Agree 2
steve garwood
56 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Become a WCF Hero like me 🤣

Slightly different as your on here six hours a day 🤔😁

22 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

Slightly different as your on here six hours a day 🤔😁

Not nowadays mate, unfortunately getting to busy to pass on my wealth of knowledge 😄

steve garwood
1 hour ago, Part Timer said:

Not nowadays mate, unfortunately getting to busy to pass on my wealth of knowledge 😄

Honesty, even a quick look at this has got me annoyed with the pop down ads.

Please @gavgo back to the original ads 😩

• Agree 3
chris clean

I'm glad I'm not the only one the adds are driving me mad. This forum is great but please go back to the old adds @gav!!!

Posted (edited)

I've just upgraded my subscription just to avoid these ads. 

I do wonder if this was the intended consequence of these ads!

Edited by NewGuy
33 minutes ago, NewGuy said:

I've just upgraded my subscription just to avoid these ads. 

I do wonder if this was the intended consequence of these ads!

I don't think Gav is that cynical and I don't know how much control the site owner has over the way ads are displayed.

But to be fair to him he's spent a great deal of time and money over the years creating/ designing this site, maintaining it and hosting costs etc. So if he's now able to make a few quid out of it good luck to him. He's entitled to.

Unfortunately advertising is inescapable nowadays and I'm finding YouTube is becoming unwatchable with the incessant ads.

I assume you're all using a mobile? Because I'm on a laptop and yes there are the ads on here but they're not obtrusive, just on the side of the screen out of the way.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, steve garwood said:

Honesty, even a quick look at this has got me annoyed with the pop down ads.

Please @gavgo back to the original ads 😩

Time to put your hand in your pocket and pay for hero subscription no more adds 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Agree 1
steve garwood
2 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Time to put your hand in your pocket and pay for hero subscription no more adds 😂😂😂😂😂😂

If I could get the odd opinion in before you feel the need to have your say on every single topic I would consider it 😘

23 minutes ago, K in Kent said:

But to be fair to him he's spent a great deal of time and money over the years creating/ designing this site, maintaining it and hosting costs etc. So if he's now able to make a few quid out of it good luck to him. He's entitled to.

Of course he's entitled to. With the amount of tips and advice available here - for free too - I would be inclined to make this a subscription-based forum if I were the owner.  All fair in love and war and all that, but this forum is probably leading to an increase of window cleaners in the country and we all know where that will lead to by having more competitors.

Master Jedi Alejandro

Websites aren’t free and they aren’t ‘set and forget’ either, at least not anymore. A website as well built as this one requires a lot of ongoing work. Gav has done all this for free. 

I would be wrong to say I haven’t benefited massively from this site. Both the advice, and the contacts it’s given me in the window cleaning game. Gav said before he didn’t want to charge as it would stop new folk from finding the site, which I 100% agree with. But for those of us who are established, who have benefited over the years, what is £4 a month really? Yet it helps keep this place going for both ourselves & future window cleaners. So please consider paying a subscription for the site. You could even add on the cost to the next quote you do. 😄

You will always get targeted adds based on your web browsing activity, if you don't want to see them use a decent browser with an ad block feature and that should do the job, I don't see ad's as I have privelleges 🙃

6 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

You will always get targeted adds based on your web browsing activity, if you don't want to see them use a decent browser with an ad block feature

Please don't use ad blockers. A large proportion of information web sites use adds to help pay for hosting, maintenance, and updates. Without ads the internet collapses into just ebay, amazon, and faceB0ll0x and other sites selling you stuff. I know the ads can be annoying especially full page ones but I am happy to put up with ads in return for info.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.