Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Intrusive advertising on here.

laddergarder

laddergarder
Posted (edited)

Come on Gav, the adds are ruining the forum. They are too intrusive. It will drive away users, and the add revenue will go south, which won't help the forum. Adds are fine, full page popup adds, and flashy drop down adds are just aggravating. Rethink this please 🙏.

Edited by laddergarder

Has anyone else noticed this, I keep getting a pop up for window cleaners when i visit this forum. It's really annoying. 

24 minutes ago, cleaniac said:

Has anyone else noticed this, I keep getting a pop up for window cleaners when i visit this forum. It's really annoying. 

There appears to be a massive change in the sites running and advertising pop ups, banners and opaque screen boxes. It's across Google Firefox & safari

Try finding an add blocker app to counteract it

42 minutes ago, cleaniac said:

The Ginger One mentioned it recently...

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, TWC said:

so annoying. I don’t enjoy the site as much now. Will have to up my subscription or stop coming

I just grin and bare it as I'm one of many that help with information

Master Jedi Alejandro
2 hours ago, cleaniac said:

Websites aren’t free to run. Websites like this are very expensive to run. Ads support the site. Or you can pay £4 a month to support Gav and they’ll disappear!

https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/subscriptions/

• Agree 2
Master Jedi Alejandro
5 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I'm sure you're on commission 😃

Lol I wish! It just annoys me folk moaning about the adverts on here and give no thought to why they need to be here. We all enjoy using the forum & it’s been a great help for so many! £4, we can make that in literally 4 minutes on some jobs! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
laddergarder

Its been running for the best part of a decade, there has always been adverts, which I assume has generated enough to fund the site without being so intrusive as the current adds.

I don't have a clue what cost have been put into this site, all I know is my site costs me less than £100 a year for hosting.

Its the content of the users that drives visitors, which improves the add clicks, and then in turn creates revenue for the site.

I am not saying there should be no adds, just not full page popups and dropdown adds covering the forum buttons on mobile browsers.

• Agree 1
Master Jedi Alejandro
20 minutes ago, laddergarder said:

Its been running for the best part of a decade, there has always been adverts, which I assume has generated enough to fund the site without being so intrusive as the current adds.

I don't have a clue what cost have been put into this site, all I know is my site costs me less than £100 a year for hosting.

Its the content of the users that drives visitors, which improves the add clicks, and then in turn creates revenue for the site.

I am not saying there should be no adds, just not full page popups and dropdown adds covering the forum buttons on mobile browsers.

The problem is running costs have went up while revenue generated by adverts has went down. I do agree these ads are annoying, don’t get me wrong, but I feel rather than us moaning about them we should support the site so they didn’t have to exist 

scottish cleaning service

Intrusive advertising can have a negative effect on a product. You end up getting sick of the sight of it and end up buying something else to avoid it.

laddergarder

I looked it up and you can get forum hosting for less the £8 per month. Gav should absolutely make something from his efforts on this site, but its too many adverts IMO.

Paying 6pound a month 

no adds more access to more content and the sites seems to work much easier and better experience in my eyes 

well worth the money for the advice and tips I get from it 👍

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.