Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First jobs booked in!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We always clear the gutters and unblock the downpipes you cannot not do the downpipes , sometimes it can be the soakaways ware the problem lies we normally tel the customer they need to get a builder to sort this out but will fit inspection doors into the downpipes if they want them . 

Just purchased a sky atom mighty with side entry myself, should be delivered in a week or so. I have zero experience with clearing gutters but I recognise that it is a great add on to have. So many customers have been asking me do I clear gutters so I decided to take the jump. Chose the atom as a starter vac and limited space in the van. Clamped poles up to 30ft and 50mm. Has hairpin neck and elite release. 

Always a bit strange getting into something new, but apprehensive as theory and practicality often differ. Reading as much as I can here.

I got an Akaso camera for inspections for 100 quid and it's brilliant. I will prob need an appropriate generator for the atom and judging by what you guys are saying on here a set of ladders which I've avoided for years and the whole reasons I got into wfp so I could work from the ground. 

I have a multi purpose ladders that about 12ft for standing on to get difficult skylights etc but I am curious how often you guys had to actually break the ladders out as gutter vac couldn't do the job? 

I do get though that as a just in case they are probably very handy to have. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just purchased a sky atom mighty with side entry myself, should be delivered in a week or so. I have zero experience with clearing gutters but I recognise that it is a great add on to have. So many customers have been asking me do I clear gutters so I decided to take the jump. Chose the atom as a starter vac and limited space in the van. Clamped poles up to 30ft and 50mm. Has hairpin neck and elite release. 

Always a bit strange getting into something new, but apprehensive as theory and practicality often differ. Reading as much as I can here.

I got an Akaso camera for inspections for 100 quid and it's brilliant. I will prob need an appropriate generator for the atom and judging by what you guys are saying on here a set of ladders which I've avoided for years and the whole reasons I got into wfp so I could work from the ground. 

I have a multi purpose ladders that about 12ft for standing on to get difficult skylights etc but I am curious how often you guys had to actually break the ladders out as gutter vac couldn't do the job? 

I do get though that as a just in case they are probably very handy to have. 
I never go anywhere without ladders and probably use them on 1 in 10 first cleans. This probably equates to one in every 50 if you are just doing standard houses. Also buy a stand off and a ladder limb to hang your bucket on.

Latest Posts

Back