Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Gutter vacs no how.


Spit & polish

Recommended Posts

I was going buy an atom or if theirs a rival about the same price but better be good to know.

Reading it seems they dont cope with everything so the ladders out , so is it worth cleaning some with ladder and some with vac might it be easier to just use the ladder?

Also it seems 10 min set up and 10 mins cleaning.

What size property can you clean in 40 mins as , i'll price jobs (domestic probably 1 hour - 1 hour 1/2 hours depending on size)

Link to comment
17 minutes ago, Spit & polish said:

I was going buy an atom or if theirs a rival about the same price but better be good to know.

Reading it seems they dont cope with everything so the ladders out , so is it worth cleaning some with ladder and some with vac might it be easier to just use the ladder?

Also it seems 10 min set up and 10 mins cleaning.

What size property can you clean in 40 mins as , i'll price jobs (domestic probably 1 hour - 1 hour 1/2 hours depending on size)

I did one on Friday with ladder because grass growing out of the running outlet, pulled out the clump of grass and I then found what was causing it. A piece of tile was jammed in the pipe which I had to get out with a metal strap. Only took an hour and made £70 and that was with ladders and 8 foot painters pole with pro gutter tool on the end. I think I would have been longer with the vac and left the piece of tile in the outlet.

Edited by scottish cleaning service
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Spit & polish said:

I was going buy an atom or if theirs a rival about the same price but better be good to know.

Reading it seems they dont cope with everything so the ladders out , so is it worth cleaning some with ladder and some with vac might it be easier to just use the ladder?

Also it seems 10 min set up and 10 mins cleaning.

What size property can you clean in 40 mins as , i'll price jobs (domestic probably 1 hour - 1 hour 1/2 hours depending on size)

If you're just doing the odd house here and there then it's a safety decision. On average it will be quicker by vac but even we get the ladders out occasionally. Our biggest problem is the idiots that use large screws to secure the downpipe that prevents the vac getting down to the neck.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
48 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

If you're just doing the odd house here and there then it's a safety decision. On average it will be quicker by vac but even we get the ladders out occasionally. Our biggest problem is the idiots that use large screws to secure the downpipe that prevents the vac getting down to the neck.

I noticed I was going back in 6 months to unblock a running outlet at the drain pipe fitting. I had put a 50mm screw in and it was preventing any moss going down the pipe. I changed it for a 12mm screw and never needed to go back, that was years ago. I now only use 12mm screws from Screwfix to keep any fittings in place.

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Spit & polish said:

I was going buy an atom or if theirs a rival about the same price but better be good to know.

Reading it seems they dont cope with everything so the ladders out , so is it worth cleaning some with ladder and some with vac might it be easier to just use the ladder?

Also it seems 10 min set up and 10 mins cleaning.

What size property can you clean in 40 mins as , i'll price jobs (domestic probably 1 hour - 1 hour 1/2 hours depending on size)

Not all gutter cleaning jobs are a quick walk and sucky sucky

You'll get grass, twigs, shoes, knives, sex toys and many other strange objects you wouldn't dream of finding in a gutter. So many of us still rely on ladders to remove stubborn objects like grass snakes from downpipes etc.

You shouldn't really need ladders in theory as the gutter vac is meant to do the job

Get a GVS panther as the new release model is 1700 Watts as opposed to the earlier 1400 watt model

The bigger machines do help removing more but it's all down to budget

The 3600 watt Predator is a beast.

Have you watched any YouTube videos or seen the Instagram posts on what most machines can lift?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

@Apw1210 i watched some videos on youtube i was amazed by the size of one i see on a job a few doors down. How many jobs are you doing on gutters as the atom when around £400-£500 i know i should be in profit with a year max but at a grand plus its alot to make your money back, with all investments i try to work out how long till im earning with a tool or skill.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Spit & polish said:

@Apw1210 i watched some videos on youtube i was amazed by the size of one i see on a job a few doors down. How many jobs are you doing on gutters as the atom when around £400-£500 i know i should be in profit with a year max but at a grand plus its alot to make your money back, with all investments i try to work out how long till im earning with a tool or skill.

If you pay £400-500 for  a vac you should be in profit within 7 jobs maximum if not you are doing something wrong , I would expect to do that many 3 bed semis in an easy day . 

2 hours ago, Spit & polish said:

@Apw1210 i watched some videos on youtube i was amazed by the size of one i see on a job a few doors down. How many jobs are you doing on gutters as the atom when around £400-£500 i know i should be in profit with a year max but at a grand plus its alot to make your money back, with all investments i try to work out how long till im earning with a tool or skill.

My interceptor was paid for in full in less than 3 months and that wasn’t using it more than 2 days a week 

Link to comment

https://www.powertool-supplies.co.uk/festool-sys-powerstation-sys-pst-1500-li-hp-240-v.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw2ZaGBhBoEiwA8pfP_rx62U0zHo_inmZ1TzURfXy0m2D2jg7eQudtMmTnB3-MzXEtY-UWhxoC6DsQAvD_BwE

I believe this is the way forward rather than a noisy polluting generator. Not sure if it has the power to power a 3600 watt Vac but all the builders are  raving about it. You would need tool insurance if left in van overnight.

Link to comment
31 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

https://www.powertool-supplies.co.uk/festool-sys-powerstation-sys-pst-1500-li-hp-240-v.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw2ZaGBhBoEiwA8pfP_rx62U0zHo_inmZ1TzURfXy0m2D2jg7eQudtMmTnB3-MzXEtY-UWhxoC6DsQAvD_BwE

I believe this is the way forward rather than a noisy polluting generator. Not sure if it has the power to power a 3600 watt Vac but all the builders are  raving about it. You would need tool insurance if left in van overnight.

Interesting but look at the price , must not be allowed to get cold either or it kills them , and wouldn’t want to carry it about to far they are lighter than lead acid but still heavy 😂😂

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Pjj said:

Interesting but look at the price , must not be allowed to get cold either or it kills them , and wouldn’t want to carry it about to far they are lighter than lead acid but still heavy 😂😂

Aye, 16Kgs. They say it will last a full day and takes 3 hrs to charge. Might be the future for electric cars!

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Aye, 16Kgs. They say it will last a full day and takes 3 hrs to charge. Might be the future for electric cars!

Sounds like it's Lithium Ion battery. No problem there but when they get cold their ability to dish out power is vastly reduced. So while it might be capable of supplying 3680 watts in cold temps that might drop to half and half capacity! Bear in mind that if you were using a 3000watt gutter vac you might only be able to run it for 30 mins before a recharge is needed!

I bet when electric vehicles become more the norm vans will start having 'power take offs' from the on board battery or a % of the available battery.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

Sounds like it's Lithium Ion battery. No problem there but when they get cold their ability to dish out power is vastly reduced. So while it might be capable of supplying 3680 watts in cold temps that might drop to half and half capacity! Bear in mind that if you were using a 3000watt gutter vac you might only be able to run it for 30 mins before a recharge is needed!

I bet when electric vehicles become more the norm vans will start having 'power take offs' from the on board battery or a % of the available battery.

I think the idea is to have it in your house and take it out in the morning. Then sit it on the floor in the cab with the heater on when travelling to the job. I suppose you could keep it toastie with insulation wrapped round it.

Link to comment
On 13/06/2021 at 19:18, scottish cleaning service said:

https://www.powertool-supplies.co.uk/festool-sys-powerstation-sys-pst-1500-li-hp-240-v.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw2ZaGBhBoEiwA8pfP_rx62U0zHo_inmZ1TzURfXy0m2D2jg7eQudtMmTnB3-MzXEtY-UWhxoC6DsQAvD_BwE

I believe this is the way forward rather than a noisy polluting generator. Not sure if it has the power to power a 3600 watt Vac but all the builders are  raving about it. You would need tool insurance if left in van overnight.

It's only 1500 watt hours... You'd only get one, maybe two really small jobs out of a full charge!

Link to comment
25 minutes ago, Mx19 said:

It's only 1500 watt hours... You'd only get one, maybe two really small jobs out of a full charge!

Yes but you can see where I'm coming from. This will be the start of small companies carrying their own mobile Powerstations with them when completing small jobs. Van inverters didn't really take off but might now to charge their mobile powerstation. I just think its alot better than a massive generator sitting in the van. I believe its the future and will take off when the prices come down to a realistic level.

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...

I bought that Festool Power Station today but don't get it till end of August. Not sure how it will work out but I think it will be good for charging my vans batteries at night. The tool shop doesn't even have one for me to try out, I only seen it at the Festool demo day but it seemed good. Will let you all know how I get on when it arrives from Brinks Mat. 😆

Link to comment

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept