Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quoting for a unusual WFP job

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Longshot

Hi was looking for a bit of advice with regards to quoting for a very old building the building has around about 110 windows all  (number of pains to many to count) of various  sizes and styles  I have only had experience with new  modern commercial buildings I have attached a few photos. Any advice would be most apricated. WFP to be used outside clean only.

20211004_091746.jpg

20211004_091703.jpg

20211004_091850.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The frames will be very deep so you'll probably need a flocked brush to get them properly and some will leak. 

Price varies depending on location and frequency, what you have shown I'd want at least half a day, more if not needing the job, based on a wash no longer than quarterly..

The frames will be very deep so you'll probably need a flocked brush to get them properly and some will leak. 

Price varies depending on location and frequency, what you have shown I'd want at least half a day, more if not needing the job, based on a wash no longer than quarterly..
We do a few national trust places that are similar type of thing not a bad little job 

8E7A18DD-2FE5-4DF7-8DE4-B08B3DCED4A4.jpeg

1446A33E-C97D-4EB5-AB82-F3C0A658DD6D.jpeg

9EECDE80-3F84-499C-AB07-D11E70F19CA9.jpeg

67557F40-D6B0-4508-A9BA-14C83F9CD76F.jpeg

Do you mean 245 pains of glass or 245 windows ???? What did you want advice with ? How to clean it ? Or pricing ? Or what 
Their is 245 windows thay will be cleaned from the ground with WFP. Im not sure how much to charge for this job the access around the property is  good. The photos attached dose not show the whole building. I have a price in my head but was just wanting a bit of reasurance  It will be one person doing the clean that would be me. I do other work for this customer and charge by the window from £1 to £10 all the other buildings are modern.

240 windows.. all lead? Frequency? Really dirty at the moment? It doesn't look like a pound a window job. So, it'll be more than £240. Could you stretch it to 2 days work and charge £400 or more? 240 windows in a day will be hard work, plus if you cleaned it in 1 day and charged £400ish the owner might think you're taking the p155.

Obviously you know the building better than us.

Thanks for your reply the customer has asked for 4 washes per year I was thinking it would take around about 5 hours  was just a little unsure as this type of building will be new to me. 
5 hrs for 248 windows that's 48 windows an hour!!! Do you think you can do that many in an hour for 5 hrs?? If you think you can do it in 5hrs then maybe quote for a full days work (8hrs) at your normal hourly rate to be safe plus then you are not knocking yourself out.

240 windows.. all lead? Frequency? Really dirty at the moment? It doesn't look like a pound a window job. So, it'll be more than £240. Could you stretch it to 2 days work and charge £400 or more? 240 windows in a day will be hard work, plus if you cleaned it in 1 day and charged £400ish the owner might think you're taking the p155.

Obviously you know the building better than us.

What are you classing as a window? In your pics some frames are divided into 6 and 8 sections of glass.
Hi sorry their is only around about 110 windows on the building I have counted each section as one window the section has 4, 6 or 8 pains of glass.

5 hrs for 248 windows that's 48 windows an hour!!! Do you think you can do that many in an hour for 5 hrs?? If you think you can do it in 5hrs then maybe quote for a full days work (8hrs) at your normal hourly rate to be safe plus then you are not knocking yourself out.
Thanks

Are they the genuine old leaded windows, as in seperate glass squares between each strip of lead? They can be a bit fragile and prone to leak water.

That job is a 3 hour job at the very most,easy access.....id use a flocked brush and a 10in carbon gooseneck...I'd go in at £250 for a 12 weekly clean(£300 first clean)

It's truly astounding how many windows you can clean when their all lined up,I might even get them cleaned in 2 hours after the first cleans out of the way...

All day?you must be a very slow(or inexperienced window cleaner)IMO.

Are they the genuine old leaded windows, as in seperate glass squares between each strip of lead? They can be a bit fragile and prone to leak water.

That job is a 3 hour job at the very most,easy access.....id use a flocked brush and a 10in carbon gooseneck...I'd go in at £250 for a 12 weekly clean(£300 first clean)

It's truly astounding how many windows you can clean when their all lined up,I might even get them cleaned in 2 hours after the first cleans out of the way...

All day?you must be a very slow(or inexperienced window cleaner)IMO.
Thanks for taking the time to reply  

tell him between 350 and 400 pounds
Thanks for your reply

Ive got similar looking jobs, Id say a comfortable half a day, probably less. Id say 100, I honestly dont reckon it would take more than a couple of hours, but if your unsure you could be admit it and say it could be anywhere between 80 and 140 say? and when you've done it and timed it, give your price. Ive done this with several hard to gauge jobs and the customers were totally happy/understanding.

Ive got similar looking jobs, Id say a comfortable half a day, probably less. Id say 100, I honestly dont reckon it would take more than a couple of hours, but if your unsure you could be admit it and say it could be anywhere between 80 and 140 say? and when you've done it and timed it, give your price. Ive done this with several hard to gauge jobs and the customers were totally happy/understanding.
Personally I wouldn't be happy with £50 an hour on a job like this...£100 would be too low for me...

What if it took you 3 hours for £100?it would be seriously underpriced in my book

Back