Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How would you quote?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It must be traditionally because of safety!? Carrying ladders, and buckets and climbing, safe!? How does that work? What about YOUR right to get home safely at the end of a working day? It's for the professional tradesman to decide the safe, efficient methodology to get their work done. Not someone with no experience in an office, just because they want to call the shots. The first reason we use wfp is for safety, followed by speed and better quality finish. I'd be asking them to put it in writing that they want you to use ladders. If it were me I'd walk away rather than use ladders when I have the safer, quicker more efficient alternative. That's my understanding of the law anyway. I wonder how your insurer would feel about it? You could try @Part Timerd suggestion but I think it would be hard, thankless work transporting the amount of water you're likely to need.

The logical thing is to do as the others said. Do it out of hours. How hard can it be for them to allow that? I don't have a good feeling about this one.

I just looked at the projected speed to clean one normal three pane window, using trad. Well over 2 mins on full whack. I'd expect to have at least three done in that time with the pole. Probably 4 or five on a steady, efficient but un-rushed cruise. I expect some of the younger, bonny lads on the forum may well be quicker.
I mentioned, all windows are on ground floor, you do not even to take a steps..900mm tall windows with the top frames barelly above my head..? their cleaners did it by clothes before.. ?

Back