Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Not sure what

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I could do a vid for you but not until next week as softwashing a rendered house tomorrow and doing the decking etc but on the glass Monday
Simple really
High flow
Scrub the glass up and down
Put brush on the top and go down the glass like zorro and that is also the rinse
Scrub sill
Next window
So you don't rinse the frame? I assume you use a non flocked brush?

I could do a vid for you but not until next week as softwashing a rendered house tomorrow and doing the decking etc but on the glass Monday
Simple really
High flow
Scrub the glass up and down
Put brush on the top and go down the glass like zorro and that is also the rinse
Scrub sill
Next window
It would be good to see a seasoned windie in action

Maybe my flow is a little low I have mine on 65 maybe people have them on 80, I use pencil jets now as I tried 50 deg and 100 deg and didn't think they worked great on Hydrophobic glass, I feel I can be more accurate with pencil jets.

Maybe next week I'll video myself at the back of a house

Maybe my flow is a little low I have mine on 65 maybe people have them on 80, I use pencil jets now as I tried 50 deg and 100 deg and didn't think they worked great on Hydrophobic glass, I feel I can be more accurate with pencil jets.

I use fan jets on full flow
Disconnected the controller and just use the pumps pressure switch to cut the pump off
I still don’t use a lot of water as I work quick

We use a flow of 64 and 2 mm pencil jets

I have mine on 100 all the time with 3mm pencil jets. When I first started I had it around 40, then upped to 50, then 60 (over the space of a year or so) and then I realised that to get the speed ultimately you need to up the flow and learn to live with it. It forces you to work fast and the faster you work with more water the better the results.

Must say though to maintain the speed I've had to change my diet and I now don't drink, not had any alcohol since summer last year. Everyday is like going to the gym. Feel and look better for it though, lost over a stone in weight over a year. I also do 450 press ups a week which helps maintain a reasonable physique.

Last edited:
I have mine on 100 all the time with 3mm pencil jets. When I first started I had it around 40, then upped to 50, then 60 (over the space of a year or so) and then I realised that to get the speed ultimately you need to up the flow and learn to live with it. It forces you to work fast and the faster you work with more water the better the results.

Must say though to maintain the speed I've had to change my diet and I now don't drink, not had any alcohol since summer last year. Everyday is like going to the gym. Feel and look better for it though, lost over a stone in weight over a year. I also do 450 press ups a week which helps maintain a reasonable physique.
Not quite sure what you are saying “I have mine on 100 all the time with 3 mm pencil jets ?????? “ Are you using pencil jets or fan jets ??? If using 3mm pencil jets on 99 setting on the controller you will be using huge amounts of water

Not quite sure what you are saying “I have mine on 100 all the time with 3 mm pencil jets ?????? “ Are you using pencil jets or fan jets ??? If using 3mm pencil jets on 99 setting on the controller you will be using huge amounts of water
Yeah you read it correct. Strangely I don't seem to use much more than when I used to run it at 60. Roughly speaking I use a full barrel every 15 minutes. It was about 20 minutes when I had it on 60. The barrel is 25 Litres but I fill it to the brim so could be 27 litres?

Yeah you read it correct. Strangely I don't seem to use much more than when I used to run it at 60. Roughly speaking I use a full barrel every 15 minutes. It was about 20 minutes when I had it on 60. The barrel is 25 Litres but I fill it to the brim so could be 27 litres?
So 27 litres in 15 mins is 1.8 litres per min!! What pump are you using as a 'standard 100psi ShurFlo' is rated at 5.2 litres per min - so in real life with pipe losses and jets I would expect about 3.5l/min?
Is this a little trolley pump?

Something doesn't add up

As I use barrels and on 60 with 2mm pencil jets I use about 28ltrs (25 brimmed to the top) on a 5 bed 3 storey house that takes me about 1hr

I guess different pumps and controllers would give different results

Hi, morning chaps and chapesses just a had a custy message me this morn, after I'd cleaned his windows and doors yesterday, like ive done for the past 6 months approx every month saying "Hi ive had chance to look around the windows today and all the cills are still dirty also a cobweb still on a window and a line of muck forming at side of one small window i don't mind paying you this time for your services but not sure pole clean is working. So i won't require any further cleans wish you all the best for the future thanks for your services". been no issues before its had regular maintenance cleans. Not to fussed as i have a good solid round and building on, only one complaint in first week been doing it going on near 2yr my thoughts on this which is fair dos is it a messing custy that will only want it cleaning as and when or he has got it cheaper i charge £12 for his 3 bed detached taking max 15mins interested to hear thoughts
Hi there, I'm sure we've all been there with those type of customers, i was doing a house for 3 years no complaints from the customer one day the customer came home from work and saw us cleaning with the waterfed pole system she cancelled with immediate effect i asked why she said i don't like this way of cleaning but for 3 years this is how we done it, i would say i am quite particular about cleaning and don't get complaints but sometimes people just aren't really happy with this way of cleaning and don't like paying £12 for 15 mins work they just expect more time for there money but there's plenty of work out there, just keep doing what your doing

i was doing a house for 3 years no complaints from the customer one day the customer came home from work and saw us cleaning with the waterfed pole system she cancelled with immediate effect i asked why she said i don't like this way of cleaning
Funny isn't it that window cleaning must be one of the only industries where the customer tries to dictate what tools we use!!! They wouldn't tell a carpenter to use a hand saw instead on a circular saw, or an electrician to use a brace and bit as opposed to a battery drill etc.....
If you are achieving good results then where is the problem?

Personally I’d rather be a bit plump than give up the beer. Each to their own etc etc, but I love my social life and it revolves around a good beer.
Ban gyms!! ?

Funny isn't it that window cleaning must be one of the only industries where the customer tries to dictate what tools we use!!! They wouldn't tell a carpenter to use a hand saw instead on a circular saw, or an electrician to use a brace and bit as opposed to a battery drill etc.....
If you are achieving good results then where is the problem?
We did a house for four years wfp. Unbelievably, she was never home when we cleaned her windows. Then on the last clean we did, she was in and was upset that we left the windows wet and didn't dry them.
I mentioned that we had used this system for 4 years and when we collected the money on Friday evening they were always complimentary of the standard of the clean.

She paid us, telling us she wasn't happy now she knows how we clean them. Next thing, I get a text from him telling me that he has found a proper cleaner who will do the job properly. The thing is that the woman cleaner he got had to walk across the front tiled extension to clean the bathroom and toilet windows, if she did those windows.

That all happened 9 years ago. They sold the house 20/21 when the price of property shot up. I never saw them after June 2013, and I never did see another cleaner doing the windows. I knew of the cleaner he got, as she was the only woman cleaning windows in the area. TBH I only saw her once after that from a distance cleaning a house elsewhere, and never since then.

Personally I’d rather be a bit plump than give up the beer. Each to their own etc etc, but I love my social life and it revolves around a good beer.
Ban gyms!! ?
I know what you mean, I used to like having a good beer, not too regular but a couple of times a month, twice every weekend when I was younger. I just noticed the difference when I started to change my habits though and once you start to feel better and have friends who are suffering from health issues and looking worst for wear because of the drinking, smoking poor diet etc... well it's like it opens your eyes to it.

Best times and memories do revolve around a good drink though, fully agree.

So 27 litres in 15 mins is 1.8 litres per min!! What pump are you using as a 'standard 100psi ShurFlo' is rated at 5.2 litres per min - so in real life with pipe losses and jets I would expect about 3.5l/min?
Is this a little trolley pump?
Not sure what the pump would be but it's the one on the pure freedom nano trolley. Tried to time it today and it's no less than 15 minutes to empty it, if anything it's more like 17 minutes.

Not sure what the pump would be but it's the one on the pure freedom nano trolley. Tried to time it today and it's no less than 15 minutes to empty it, if anything it's more like 17 minutes.
Just had a look and spec says 4.5 lpm (max) for the pump on the nano trolley. So real world I would guess it's more like 2.5lpm, maybe a little less. I guess that's why you can run at 100% flow and still get over 15mins from a barrel.
I think sometimes we don't know what kit people are working with and they all have different spec so people will run very different numbers on their controllers.

Just had a look and spec says 4.5 lpm (max) for the pump on the nano trolley. So real world I would guess it's more like 2.5lpm, maybe a little less. I guess that's why you can run at 100% flow and still get over 15mins from a barrel.
I think sometimes we don't know what kit people are working with and they all have different spec so people will run very different numbers on their controllers.
I have no idea how you make it last that long we empty a 25 ltr barrel in around 8 muinits when softwashing using a 10 softwashing nozzle and very similar time if using wfp brush with 2mm pencil jets it certainly does pump the stuff out fast on 99 ,it’s as fast as a van mount .

Latest Posts

Back