rcproperty

My Easy Conservatory Roof Clean Today!

rcproperty

nice and easy roof clean in had today, took less than 2 hours, including setting up, spray with chemical, 2 coffee breaks, plus filming a few videos and packing up

IMG_00000153.jpg.68e2f7c6a834fe4b92727731a75af5dc.jpg

IMG_00000154.jpg.fa6e2fc617504899fc6d3f57df0d765e.jpg

IMG_00000155.jpg.86bd3cdde50469610b67183cb5daafe1.jpg

S.W. Window Cleaning

Hi,

Looks a good job. What did you use. Chemical spray, leave and rinse with tap water?

Steve :Image3:

Masons

Yes indeed what chemicals were used?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

rcproperty

use a chemical that i got from local supplier thats better than the normal ones that everyone uses, the dilution for it is 100ml per 5lts for heavy duty cleaning like that conservatory roof, or 25ml per 5lts for general cleaning.

and then scrubbed and washed down with pure hot water from the van.

Smurf

Are you sure that chem you used did not contribute/cause that staining?

Reason why I'm asking RC as I've done a few roofs in my time and stains happen to run down old plastic not across in patches like I see in those pics. :Image3:

rcproperty

Are you sure that chem you used did not contribute/cause that staining?

Reason why I'm asking RC as I've done a few roofs in my time and stains happen to run down old plastic not across in patches like I see in those pics. :Image3:

No it's the age of the plastic roof the white plastic was the original from when it was built, the darker ones are replacements with lead staining on it, they said the roof hadn't been clean for years,

rcproperty

The yellowing on the old plastic it caused by the sun discolouring it and the white is where it was covered by lichen and protecting the roof from sun. you can see this if you flick between the before and after pics

rcproperty

Nice try RC...I bet thats what you told the customer too :Image13:

It's not a try, even someone with your knowledge and age should know how plastics discolour in the sun! And the different quality of plastics out there.

rcproperty

attachicon.gifrc1.jpg

attachicon.gifrc2.jpg

hmmm.....I don't think so :Image16:

The end 2 didn't have any or very few hence why they are completely yellow discoloured by sun,

Smurf

Personally I would have advised the customer on the site survey/quote it might be better to have all the polycarbonate panels replaced instead as I could not guarantee what it would look like after cleaning.

Just goes to show that roof looks cleaner but still looks blooming terrible. :Image13:

rcproperty

Personally I would have advised the customer on the site survey/quote it might be better to have all the polycarbonate panels replaced instead as I could not guarantee what it would look like after cleaning.

Just goes to show that roof looks cleaner but still looks blooming terrible. :Image13:

on the survey and it being plastic you cant tell what it would look like after as it was all covered, so would have to clean it to find out.

your only picking faults etc because i have found a good cleaning product but wont tell anyone about it yet,

its not great due to the staining on it and the discolouring on it, but thats what you get for old plastic.

the customer said her son used to clean it when he was in his 20's, he is in his 50's now so can tell how long its been up! its in sun 80% of the day.

i'll remember that logic on other cleaning jobs:

sorry sir you have to rip up your whole drive because i cant be sure how it will come up,

sorry miss, you need all new gutters fascia and soffits becasue they are covered in green and cant be sure how well they will come up!

Guest OoO

i'll remember that logic on other cleaning jobs:

sorry sir you have to rip up your whole drive because i cant be sure how it will come up,

sorry miss, you need all new gutters fascia and soffits becasue they are covered in green and cant be sure how well they will come up!

Lol

Guest OoO

Am I only the only one on this forum who can see the staining BEFORE and AFTER. it is clearly present before RC even cleaned.

Dodger

Nope I could see the yellow on before pics as well damo :rolleyes:

chilt69

I just love the fact the mould / jungle on the inside of the polycarb sheets (ends) is visible after cleaning!

Did one a couple of years back which was greener on the inside of the sheet than on the top!

rcproperty

I just love the fact the mould / jungle on the inside of the polycarb sheets (ends) is visible after cleaning!

Did one a couple of years back which was greener on the inside of the sheet than on the top!

yer all the end caps was off leaving it all to grow up inside between the layers.