Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Rich people crack me up!!

scrim it

Had a call yesterday from a woman who asked how much to clean her windows and gutters (how long is a piece of string) she told me it was a country house. Still I would need to see it. Anyway arranged to look at it today not before she said over the phone that she thought it would cost £60. (Yes the customer giving me a quote) anyway after a little googling I discover the house and a little about the multi millionaire owners. Long story short, the house was huge hadn't been cleaned in years most spouts blocked, probably at least 3 days work and she wanted all this done for£60. I think not. Quoted A LOT more but no response. I would hire my ladders out for £60 :)

Just goes to show that some are of the mindset that window & gutter clearing is a menial task that anyone can do so why would it cost very much. It's hardly suprising when there are plenty that would work for next to nothing anyway.

I've had this with gutter cleaning.

The "it won't be much will it" brigade. I'm up high. I've got my hands in xxxx cleaning your gutter out & unblocking it. Sometimes I think I'll just leave it & when it overflows then see what the price a be. Some people want the world but won't pay for it.

yes the good old 'it's only a small/ quick job' or 'I could it myself if I had ladders.' My quote had another 0 onto her £60 plus a bit more. The gutters were overflowing and had a lawn growing out of them. It was high and akward in places. Yes the thing that annoyed me most was that she was telling me the price and for the price to be £60 was crazy. Still no response so watch out anyone from n.ireland. You could be her next phone call :rolleyes:

yes the good old 'it's only a small/ quick job' or 'I could it myself if I had ladders.' My quote had another 0 onto her £60 plus a bit more. The gutters were overflowing and had a lawn growing out of them. It was high and akward in places. Yes the thing that annoyed me most was that she was telling me the price and for the price to be £60 was crazy. Still no response so watch out anyone from n.ireland. You could be her next phone call :rolleyes:

norm TAKE YA PHONE OFF THE HOOK :D

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.