Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

100 gpd upgrade to a 200 gpd

WCF

Help Support WCF:

but using a 100 gpd ro will take days to make it /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oy stop taking the mick on my post and stop bullying my 100 gpd /emoticons/sad.png you should be ashamed lol /emoticons/wink.png

abs its gd advice mate invest to reap rewards p,s dont buy 2nd ro4040 as uel needd a new membrane anyway go cleaing warehouse for 370 alll in including vat

abs its gd advice mate invest to reap rewards p,s dont buy 2nd ro4040 as uel needd a new membrane anyway go cleaing warehouse for 370 alll in including vat
Thanks for advice m8, I know there all different but what is the average waist to pure with 4040

Well you did obviously take advice from Mr @cheapncheerful that says it all really. Bless him /emoticons/biggrin.png

Oy stop taking the mick on my post and stop bullying my 100 gpd /emoticons/sad.png you should be ashamed lol /emoticons/wink.png

lol i was jus goin try set up a transfer from tank to van by gravity /emoticons/tongue.png

use big pipes like ones u use for plumbin in house this seems better tho

I currently run a 450gpd system that came with my van set up, and yes @Smurf I am seriously saving to upgrade to a RO4040 ::p: ;-), but let me ask this? My 450gpd takes an age to fill my tank with its little trickle of pure and the same can be said about the waste that just trickles out as well, now when I worked for a firm before I went out on my own ( and I'm absolutely figin loving it by the way :party:) I used a RO 4040 van mount that I filled up every night at my house and yes it was about 3 times quicker than my "compact" gpd, but the waste also ran about 3 times quicker than my 450. So I would say yes a 4040 will certainly be much quicker but will your water usage be less? I don't think it will? Its all relevant the quicker the pure is made, the quicker the waste will go down the drain?

So if it takes say nearly two full days (48 hours) to fill a 1000 ltr ibc using a small ro and it takes only say 6 hours using a 4040 which do you think would use less water as the garden tap is still on full using either ro?

So if it takes say nearly two full days (48 hours) to fill a 1000 ltr ibc using a small ro and it takes only say 6 hours using a 4040 which do you think would use less water as the garden tap is still on full using either ro?
But I was under the impression you could alter the waste water and didn't know if this made pure faster or slower ,I was asking about equipment I havnt had experience with lol I'm capable of the silly maths part /emoticons/wink.png

What I'm saying that when I use my 450gpd I get 1ltr of pure every 2.5mins ish and about the same in waste but when I used the 4040 I would get about 1ltr of pure in about a minute and the waste was about the same,I may be totally wrong but it seems to me that the size of the purification unit impacts on how much water is received from the tap? If that makes sense?

My tap pressure hasn't changed just the equipment, my 450 produces less pure and waste per minute than the 4040 did?

You need one of these bad boys 1000 litre ibc empty in a minute. Guaranteed to flood you van every time unless your linford christie. /emoticons/biggrin.pnghttp://www.evolutionpowertools.com/uk/evosystem/waterpump.php
I have the engine, pressure washer and generator of this, all are very good, not got this dirty water pump, though I have considered getting it for times when needed, we do get some flooding in the town sometimes and be nice to be able to offer help.

So what happens when you want to use all three at the same time? /emoticons/biggrin.png

I have the engine, pressure washer and generator of this, all are very good, not got this dirty water pump, though I have considered getting it for times when needed, we do get some flooding in the town sometimes and be nice to be able to offer help.

Not something I would buy myself to be honest as I was just on screwfix site and having a look at the spec. Reasons being the genny spec is too low to power my guttervac if I needed it to. Also the pressure washer is a very low spec too compaired to what I'm use to using.

That's the problem with these combo things as they look handy to have but depending what you want to use them for are not really up to the job.

It powers the gutter vac on two motors, but I rarely use it anyway I always arrange to have the customer there.

The pressure washer is pretty good in practice, I have used washers with better figures on paper that have not worked half as good. Not suggesting it is amazing or anything, but it does the job admirably.

On bigger jobs a good friend of mine is the boss at a hire firm and I can use their pressure washers.

I rarely do though, I get the job done.

Is this thread about RO or pressure washing??!!

I upgraded from 200 to 300. from 100 to 200 you will produce your pure twice as fast but your waste ratio will stay the same I think. It doesn't matter how long it takes to fill your tank you will always use the same amount of water as long as your pure to waste ratios are the same.

Back