Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2,4 or 6 week cycle?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The hardest part of this job is not the actual cleaning of the windows, but getting customers. Would love all my customers to be fortnightly (like the good old days) but the norm is Monthly. Longer periods means you need more customers (the hardest thing to get) and less customer reliability as they do not see you so often, and so more chance of losing them to competition, be it established or newbies starting out.
I have found the opposite with regards to keeping customers. In my case they are much happier having 6 weekly and paying slightly more than 4 weekly, where they were saying " Is it 4 weeks already?! ".6 weekly at a slightly higher price they save money annually. Yes you need more customers , (but you don't need to do more work) so I went on a mission and got them. If I could get 400 customers I could get 600 with time. I was thinking long term profit margins. I'd have no chance of charging the same sort of money for 2 or 4 weekly and I wouldn't want to be doing them at that frequency, especially for less money when they don't need it. I like to give value for money. My customers are by and large very loyal as they see the better value of a 6 weekly clean even at a slightly higher price. Different of course for guys working near the coast or perhaps industrial areas, where they do get dirty quicker. And awkward enough to alter established rounds. That's why my advice was really aimed at those starting out, in answer to the question asked by the op.

I suggest again though : Run this conversation, in its entirety, by your accountants. I'd be very interested to hear what they think.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why my advice was really aimed at those starting out, in answer to the question asked by the op.
I think you have raised many good points, but also thought respectfully bringing up other points I have raised as which can of course also be relevant to newbies and long term cleaners like myself, which is why I have had a bit of back and forth with your good self. ?

I think you have raised many good points, but also thought respectfully bringing up other points I have raised as which can of course also be relevant to newbies and long term cleaners like myself, which is why I have had a bit of back and forth with your good self. ?
End of the day mate, we're all on the same side. We never lost sight of that. ??

Back