Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

6 months in, what have I learned

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ian Docksey

So I've been going 6 months nearly. What have I learned!!

Loads tbh. 

Don't take on every job you go to quote. Some are absolute mingers.  I learned if I don't want the job ,over price it n let them go to another windie.There's always someone who will do it. 

Don't panic if customer doesn't pay straight away, they will eventually,  most have to wait to get paid themselves! Am waiting on 2 as I write this, 1 for over £160 another just shy of £100. 

Have add ons, gutter clearing ,GFS, etc. These are great for newbies!

Price your work to what you plan as hrly rate, took me 2 weeks, then my prices went up! Customers don't know this.

If as I do with Mike from Clearview windows.(he's just started close by to me) if we get what we call big jobs, Gutter vac,GFS, We book them for a day both of us a quiet and do them together, splitting the ££ and learning as we go.

I've probably learned a lot lot more, could go on for ages.  Hope this helps some newbies, good luck in your new ventures!.

Loads tbh. 

Don't take on every job you go to quote. Some are absolute mingers.  I learned if I don't want the job ,over price it n let them go to another windie.There's always someone who will do it. 

Don't panic if customer doesn't pay straight away, they will eventually,  most have to wait to get paid themselves! Am waiting on 2 as I write this, 1 for over £160 another just shy of £100. 

Price your work to what you plan as hrly rate, took me 2 weeks, then my prices went up! Customers don't know this.

If as I do with Mike from Clearview windows.(he's just started close by to me) if we get what we call big jobs, Gutter vac,GFS, We book them for a day both of us a quiet and do them together, splitting the ££ and learning as we go.

I've probably learned a lot lot more, could go on for ages.  Hope this helps some newbies, good luck in your new ventures!.
Oh 1 to add .

When you price a job, and customer says your only a cleaner and should be charging £9-50 an hr. Just walk away  don't let them get to you!! I've had it a couple of times,  went home threw me toys out the pram at the Mrs. Lol. 

Loads tbh. 

Glad to hear you're doing well mate, Keep up the great work

Brilliant to hear you doing well best of luck for the future I’m also nearly ready to start out just trying to get some last bits and bobs. I was hoping to start wfp but to hard and costly over here in Ireland so going trad to start,can I say thanks a million to everyone who comments here some good some bad but all a great help 

Oh 1 to add .

When you price a job, and customer says your only a cleaner and should be charging £9-50 an hr. Just walk away  don't let them get to you!! I've had it a couple of times,  went home threw me toys out the pram at the Mrs. Lol. 
They need to be reminded they are paying for a service and NOT your time ?

Back