Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A reminder to double check your TDS

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I’ve had a HM digital in line TDS meter for 3 years with no problems. I use double DI after the RO so when it rises to 1 I change the resin. Invested in an X-Line trolley this week so I decided to check the TDS coming out of it. At first I thought the reading of 8 was because the trolley was new. Double checked the van and it was reading 6. Long story short my out probe had stopped giving a reading. Checked this by switching the probes around so it was measuring pre resin and still read 0. We managed Friday on the water we had but have 2000 litres to throw away in the garage now ??‍♂️ I’m more annoyed with myself as I’ve not only got handheld TDS meters as a back up but one of my pumps actually has a TDS meter built in and I left it too long without double checking!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve had a HM digital in line TDS meter for 3 years with no problems. I use double DI after the RO so when it rises to 1 I change the resin. Invested in an X-Line trolley this week so I decided to check the TDS coming out of it. At first I thought the reading of 8 was because the trolley was new. Double checked the van and it was reading 6. Long story short my out probe had stopped giving a reading. Checked this by switching the probes around so it was measuring pre resin and still read 0. We managed Friday on the water we had but have 2000 litres to throw away in the garage now ??‍♂️ I’m more annoyed with myself as I’ve not only got handheld TDS meters as a back up but one of my pumps actually has a TDS meter built in and I left it too long without double checking!!
You’ll be fine to use the water that you have stored. I use water up to 15ppm before I think about changing the filters/resin ??

I wouldn't throw the water mate, just use it as is, do you know anyone who does car valeting or pressure washing with a van mounted tank that could do with it

I think most of us have had accidents at some point. Mine was fairly recently using 20PPM without realising! No complaints though but far higher than I normally use (don’t normally go above 4PPM). Shows the importance of checking it regularly.

i check my tds as a matter of course as one of my end of day jobs after every fill of my tank.....anything under 010 will be fine for cleaning windows with....

get into the habit of checking it every day..it takes 2 seconds!i have 2 handheld tds meters.

Back