Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another ro question sorry

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The Prism range has been created due to some politics with regards the Spectrum range which are now more expensive.

The WW4040 is basically the old Spectrum membranes which is rated at 100 PSI. Rejection rate is slightly lower than the other membranes as well as capacity a lot lower.

It’s a budget membrane.

I’m not getting involved in the Prism range as too much handbags with sellers. Makes me laugh Gaps immediately introduced a unique website which I think was aimed Wrekin Water. Now they have a website. Both don’t have warehouses and are basically drop ship companies hence why their prices are very low. They were basically killing the Spectrum market.

Now they can fight over the Prism range ?

The Prism range has been created due to some politics with regards the Spectrum range which are now more expensive.

The WW4040 is basically the old Spectrum membranes which is rated at 100 PSI. Rejection rate is slightly lower than the other membranes as well as capacity a lot lower.

It’s a budget membrane.

I’m not getting involved in the Prism range as too much handbags with sellers. Makes me laugh Gaps immediately introduced a unique website which I think was aimed Wrekin Water. Now they have a website. Both don’t have warehouses and are basically drop ship companies hence why their prices are very low. They were basically killing the Spectrum market.

Now they can fight over the Prism range ?
Who do you recommend for ro
And which one

The 1 membrane I have been impressed with is from DuPont. We sold a number of these a good year back and now gathering feedback it’s an impressive membrane.

Hopefully we will have these back in stock in a couple of weeks.

Axeon are a good product but they are pricing themselves out of the market.

Phone @doug atkinson at daqua.co.uk this morning and have a chat with him he will best advise what you need, he never oversells and will sell just what you need as he knows exactly what he is selling not like the rest of them
I get it that people are on a budget, but r/o components need to be top quality in our business. Yes, top quality membranes cost more than cheap ones made in the east.

A cheap membrane doesn't work as efficiently as an up market one does. The less efficient the membrane, the more you are going to spend on resin to polish the water off @carpergaz

A lot of the businesses out there selling water purification equipment cater for a variety of industries. It doesn't matter if the r/o membranes they sell for Aquatics or the catering industry are not as efficient as better quality ones are. We also don't need an additional filter to make the water taste better, as the catering industry does.

Back in the days, Merlin r/o's were specifically designed as a water filter in American kitchens. But some windies used them to filter water. They were renowned to be very inefficient, but they did a good job for what they were designed for. A fellow windie a few blocks away from us owned one. My 4040 at the time was removing 98% of the dissolved solids in our water supply. His, brand-new Merlin, was only removing 90% of the dissolved solids from the same water supply. We were using about the same amount of water a day. His resin costs were 5 times ours. Within a few years, he could have recovered the additional cost of buying a decent r/o. Before he sold up and retired a few years ago, the efficiency of his r/o was down to 84% where mine was 97% and still running at that today. But he didn't listen and learn. His first Merlin was damaged by frost, and he went a purchased the same again.

@doug atkinson deals with r/o equipment, (filters and membranes) as a window cleaning supplier. His main business focus is geared toward window cleaners. It doesn't make sense to make these types of purchase decisions purely on price.

Unfortunately, no matter how many times we advise windies where to purchase product from, they are still drawn to an unknown supplier because they are cheaper.

I don't mean to offend anyone reading this, but it's a topic I feel rather strongly about. It costs more to buy top quality products for our business, but we will see the results are good in the future.

I get it that people are on a budget, but r/o components need to be top quality in our business. Yes, top quality membranes cost more than cheap ones made in the east.

A cheap membrane doesn't work as efficiently as an up market one does. The less efficient the membrane, the more you are going to spend on resin to polish the water off @carpergaz

A lot of the businesses out there selling water purification equipment cater for a variety of industries. It doesn't matter if the r/o membranes they sell for Aquatics or the catering industry are not as efficient as better quality ones are. We also don't need an additional filter to make the water taste better, as the catering industry does.

Back in the days, Merlin r/o's were specifically designed as a water filter in American kitchens. But some windies used them to filter water. They were renowned to be very inefficient, but they did a good job for what they were designed for. A fellow windie a few blocks away from us owned one. My 4040 at the time was removing 98% of the dissolved solids in our water supply. His, brand-new Merlin, was only removing 90% of the dissolved solids from the same water supply. We were using about the same amount of water a day. His resin costs were 5 times ours. Within a few years, he could have recovered the additional cost of buying a decent r/o. Before he sold up and retired a few years ago, the efficiency of his r/o was down to 84% where mine was 97% and still running at that today. But he didn't listen and learn. His first Merlin was damaged by frost, and he went a purchased the same again.

@doug atkinson deals with r/o equipment, (filters and membranes) as a window cleaning supplier. His main business focus is geared toward window cleaners. It doesn't make sense to make these types of purchase decisions purely on price.

Unfortunately, no matter how many times we advise windies where to purchase product from, they are still drawn to an unknown supplier because they are cheaper.

I don't mean to offend anyone reading this, but it's a topic I feel rather strongly about. It costs more to buy top quality products for our business, but we will see the results are good in the future.
Too much budgeting ends up costing them more in the long run because their wallet takes over common sense, I never get those that say use rein only if your tap tds is around 70ppm as these days it's going to cost £100+ month

Back