Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anybody use Greenwash (Purple Rhino) ???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It depends what what you are trying to clean/kill 4 or 5 to 1 is a general mix so that’s 

4 ltr of water to 1 ltr of hypo 

5 ltr of water to 1 ltr of hypo 
How much lauryl  dime would u add to that

Correction, 3-500ml is per 25L of neat hypo so it’d be around 20ml per liter of hypo 

Do you add your surfactant straight to a 25L tub of neat hypo? 
Yes it will be fine we sometimes have half a drum left over and use it weeks later and it still works fine I once put 500 ml in a drum and it took longer trying to get rid of the sudds than do the job looked like a foam party ???

Yes it will be fine we sometimes have half a drum left over and use it weeks later and it still works fine I once put 500 ml in a drum and it took longer trying to get rid of the sudds than do the job looked like a foam party ???
Awesome!! I’ve been concerned about popping the surfactant straight into the hypo as I’ve heard it may kill it after a while or whatever but it seems many do it this way and it’s fine. A definitive answer would be nice. 

I didn’t have any surfactant and have had an old barrel of 15% hypo I haven’t touched in about 7 or 8 months. I mixed myself a 2.5% batch to test on my own place as it’s being renovated and it worked fine. 

29A5986A-E905-4380-96E5-01C3C173AFBA.jpeg

0283B9BA-3FEF-496D-9C6C-7C0B54E83A68.jpeg

Do u add anything else to it apart from surfacant?
There are scent masks you can get. Bonnymans do one. I’ve used pet de odouriser, you can get 20 liters of concentrate for just £20. You can use it with so many things as it’s water based. I have not yet chucked it in the hypo as need to test the ph levels just to be sure. At the moment I just spray around the worked area afterwards whilst flushing my equipment if the smell is bad. 

There are scent masks you can get. Bonnymans do one. I’ve used pet de odouriser, you can get 20 liters of concentrate for just £20. You can use it with so many things as it’s water based. I have not yet chucked it in the hypo as need to test the ph levels just to be sure. At the moment I just spray around the worked area afterwards whilst flushing my equipment if the smell is bad. 
Just be careful if it’s not specifically made to go in hypo don’t put it in , we use a bubble gum scent mask and dilute it 10-1 and spray the area after we have finished if extra smell killing is needed 

Just be careful if it’s not specifically made to go in hypo don’t put it in , we use a bubble gum scent mask and dilute it 10-1 and spray the area after we have finished if extra smell killing is needed 
That’s what we are doing at the moment too. It’s not always necessary though. 

That’s what we are doing at the moment too. It’s not always necessary though. 
So you always chuck your surfactant into your neat hypo then when you need it you just dilute to the correct strength and away you go? Will be nice if I could get away with that as would save me taking an extra tub of surfactant to every job. 

Hoops said:
So you always chuck your surfactant into your neat hypo then when you need it you just dilute to the correct strength and away you go? Will be nice if I could get away with that as would save me taking an extra tub of surfactant to every job. 
This is for you PJJ

This is for you PJJ
Yes 300 ml per full neat drum of hypo , so it’s about a coke can full per drum , then you dilute that aprox 4 or 5 ltr of water to 1 ltr of the hypo , so the safactant goes a long way 

How’s it dangerous exactly? 
Washing up liquid mixed with hypo can cause haloforms and clorothorms ( spelling is wrong sorry ) which are carcinogenic spraying this around obviously is not a good idear .

Legaly nothing is allowed to be mixed with sodium hypochlorite unless it has been made and approved to be added to hypo by a chemist/scientist as you are then creating another chemical , surprising but true .  

That is both very dangerous and illegal DO NOT ADD WASHING UP LIQUID TO HYPO !!!!!!
Yes i agree with @Pjj take his advice , hes experienced with Hypo 

Even an expert shouldnt be mixing liquid with hypo nevermind a newbie, hypo is not a joke , its a serious hazardous chemical so be careful and follow all guidlines ?

Yes i agree with @Pjj take his advice , hes experienced with Hypo 

Even an expert shouldnt be mixing liquid with hypo nevermind a newbie, hypo is not a joke , its a serious hazardous chemical so be careful and follow all guidlines ?
It’s okay we don’t use fairy liquid.

We use happy shoppers version instead 

Back