Aqua-dapter too expensive

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Windowwhiz, Jun 14, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are you being held back from buying an Aqua-dapter because of the price and would you buy on if they

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
  2. No

0 vote(s)
  1. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

I really want to buy an aqua-dapter but I'm held back as I feel it's very expensive for what is basically a tap on your pole. Purifying water costs next to nothing so I don't really see the saving.
    If it was around even the £40-£50 mark it wouldn't be so bad But £77.99 incl vat is a lot or is that just me?
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master

Dec 18, 2010

Windowwhiz Guest

Yeah but even with £10 off it's steep

I would buy one if around the £40-50 mark and I think they'd sell 100x more if they lowered the price. I've told loads of other window cleaners about it as most of my cousins are window cleaners too and majority of them think it's really dear.
  4. I agree,

I do not really need one as I just disconnect from my hoselock which stops the water but as they are handy I would buy them if reasonably priced but at £70 it is expensive.

I would have thought that at £40 they would sell 5 times as many which means they could produce more as the manufacturing costs would surely reduce per item
  5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    I know they cost a bit, but I would never go back.

Got 3 now - all brilliant

Most window cleaners that changed from Traditional to Water Fed Pole ummed and ahhh'd for ages before spending the cash - ask them now - they would never go back

I think this is similar.

On the website they also offer a satisfaction guarantee offering a refund if not completely chuffed.

From personal experience I have bought remote control's a pure freedom tap that fitted to the pole, an inline tap, and a holster that fitted it to my belt - and tried all sorts of other methods - all in all cost massive amount more than an aqua-dapter.

I would recommend one in a heartbeat.

Not only has it saved me masses of water, but has helped get contracts with businesses that are concerned about wasting water.

Even when talking to a customer you are not spraying everything in sight.

The quality is excellent, and obviously has cost a bit to research & set up.

Also - don't forget it comes with 10M of decent pole hose, and an alloy fitting for the pole.

Rant over - just my opinion.

6. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Totally agree with all you say but I've never been questioned about wasting water and I just turn my tap off between windows, producing water costs me no more than £200 per year and £77 on a tap still feels a lot. I'm still not convinced.
  7. Aqua-dapter

Aqua-dapter Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    It's not just a question of manufacturing cost. It's "value for money".

As David said, we have a satisfaction guarantee, so look after it when you receive it and if you don't think it's worth it, you can send it back for a refund.

The most important benefits aren't savings on treatment costs, they are the extra profitability (do more jobs with the water saved), speed and convenience (no loop, no bending down etc.).

Some guys reckon they're saving 20%-30% water on previous water saving methods. Depending on what you do, it should pay for itself relatively quickly.

We toyed with the idea of taking the hose out of the bundle to reduce the price, but it's good stuff and very important for proper usage. One person bought without the hose, and couldn't get on with it so returned it for a refund. Then he bought again with hose 3 weeks later!

I'm not here to give you a hard sell :lol:, just happy to answer any questions.

8. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Thanks Paul, and again I agree with all you say but I dont lose any water as we just turn our 1/4 turn tap off after each window and even though the Aqua-dapter would be very slightly easier to use I still feel its a stinger at £77
    I do feel if it was £40-£50 you'd sell 10x as many.

but hey I may be wrong its only my thoughts.

other problem is I have 3 poles so it really adds up.
  9. nearlyclean

Dec 20, 2010
    You only need to buy one windowwizz if buying 3 puts you off,I do feel this is the new WFP verses Trad debate.I do see the benefits of the Aqua-daptor only thing that puts me off more than the price is the extra weight on the top of the pole and the loop with the tap is a pain when it gets caught :lol:
  10. I have to say Dave and Aqua make a good point. I totally understand that there is many costs involved, development, advertising, manufacturing, parts, labour, etc and value for money is a factor but is it value for money?:huh::exclamation:
    Even if it cost £20,000 to develop, £ 10,000 to market and a further £10,000 to get production rolling £50 per adapter would mean they would only need to seel 80 to break even.
    Obviously these figures are no doubt miles away but you see the point.
    £50 would be value for money all round I think.
    But - all of the above is only my opinion....And what do I know, I am only a window cleaner.