Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

nice forum seems more friendly than the one i was on

WCF

Help Support WCF:

F

firefly123

been wfp eight years and trad thirty years if you are di only do you have di in van or at home in garage

Hi & welcome @firefly123

I live in a hard water area so di only is not an option for me. Howerver if I could run a di only I would go down the di van route myself. Meaning I would just fill the van tank with with tap water and have a twin di system inline after the wfp pump. That way you can also use it on-site if you have access to a outside tap as a pure on-demand system instead of worrying if you going to run out of pure water or not and having to go back to refill the van tank.

I too was in the 'other forum' and have posted many a thread on how much I hated it! Lots have moved over to wcf and always say how friendly it is, has a great family feel!

Personally I would have the di in the van as that way you can be sure that just before the water hits the window, it's been purified 100%...

The only thing with this is you'd been to check the tds fairly regularly as you don't want high tds water when your at work...

I use RO DI water from a static tank and transfer to my van tank, but I still have a small 7litre di in the van after the pump as a 'just in case' fail safe... Just means I'm always running at 0 tds with no worries...

Smurf makes a good point with the water at work as well, with di in the van you 'borrow' customers water while your out saving on your water bill;)

used to have mine in van but having di at home seems to make the battery last longer

used to have mine in van but having di at home seems to make the battery last longer
True, it's a lot more resistance to power it through a di vessel, but I like the fail safe approach...

There should be virtually no resistance from the DI vessels. I've ran through two on my van for about 12 years & all that time I've run my pump off the van battery with no issues. You need a controller & top of the range battery though.

Theres far far more resistance mate, firing water through thick resin is for sure gonna be harder work for the battery, I've tried mine without di beifre and the battery lasted a lot longer..

I have a massive 110ah battery and a decent controller form spring ltd, with a one shot radio remote to save water as well, but the di will always create more resistance...

Theres far far more resistance mate, firing water through thick resin is for sure gonna be harder work for the battery, I've tried mine without di beifre and the battery lasted a lot longer..
I have a massive 110ah battery and a decent controller form spring ltd, with a one shot radio remote to save water as well, but the di will always create more resistance...
I can very easily blow water through my two vessels with my mouth. Maybe you need to clear the vessels internal strainers?

Maybe, but I can't blow water through mine that's for sure! (Getting a bit weird talking about blowing mate)

There are various types of vessel. Some have two internal strainers, one at the bottom of the riser tube & one at the top. These usually have very thin slits in them & these can get blocked with resin particles. Use an old toothbrush to clear them. Some riser tubes also have strainer mesh inside the tube itself- usually when the tube is two parts glued together. I bet my bottom dollar your vessel strainers are blocked, giving rise to flow resistance thus why your pump struggles to push water through them. This can also happen with pump strainers too./emoticons/wink.png

been wfp eight years and trad thirty years if you are di only do you have di in van or at home in garage
Seems alright this forum, I used to go on a small one which has now gone, it was awful full of Bull******** who kept boasting how much work they had and how much they were earning very little on advice.

I don't know if we're talking about the other forum being window cleaning resource or cleanitup, but both those forums suck, by default, when they won't even let me post. Forums start off on the wrong foot and are unwelcoming, when they require admin verification of a user, as if you're scum. Even worse when they never wave you through for no reason.

I mean, cleanitup, they don't even let you see the posts. That's actually one thing I would criticise about this place, your ip gets blocked out after viewing without being logged in quite quickly. I'd get rid of that, since it may just turn non members off when they are simply looking for info, nothing wrong with that. they'll join if they want, and you shouldn't try to coerce them into doing so. This is a good forum in its own right, you don't need a carrot on the end of a stick

Last edited by a moderator:
You think it's friendly but they'll turn on you like a pack of dogs.......

My Di is in the garden. RO water trickles through it nice and slow, filling up butts.

I don't know if we're talking about the other forum being window cleaning resource or cleanitup, but both those forums suck, by default, when they won't even let me post. Forums start off on the wrong foot and are unwelcoming, when they require admin verification of a user, as if you're scum. Even worse when they never wave you through for no reason.
Absoloutely correct, that clean it up had moderators who gave you warnings if they didn't agree with your post. The only things off limits should be bullying, threatening behaviour or personal insults, I was banned after someone posted a thread saying they don't work for people of a particular culture because of too many problems, I agreed and got banned for racism.

Absoloutely correct, that clean it up had moderators who gave you warnings if they didn't agree with your post. The only things off limits should be bullying, threatening behaviour or personal insults, I was banned after someone posted a thread saying they don't work for people of a particular culture because of too many problems, I agreed and got banned for racism.
The other forum was called cleaning forums I believe, that was inhabited by boasters.

i got banned for racism too.

i rejoined several times ,had a bit of fun

i posted 1 or 2 bland threads to gain the trust of the main mod but then suddenly posted some real honest to goodness story where a migrant got his come uppance [after tryin it on in some way ]

this balanced out the "pro migrant " bias of the main mod

Last edited:
Cleaning forums was good to begin with, but like you say it got a few relentless BS'ers on it & some really annoying twots like peter perfect Vin (perfect windows on CIU) one seriously irritating, annoying human being!! Bit of a shame as it was really good for the first 12 months or so. CIU has that idiot Tosh as the mod, an ex alcoholic who can't see the difference between Richy Wilts peddling illegal drugs to someone selling alcohol legitimately!
Bloke called Onion man wasn't he? Took irritating to it's extreme.

i got banned for racism too. i rejoined several times ,had a bit of fun

i posted 1 or 2 bland threads to gain the trust of the main mod but then suddenly posted some real honest to goodness story where an asian got his come uppance [after tryin it on in some way ]

Aha love it.

i got banned for racism too. i rejoined several times ,had a bit of fun

i posted 1 or 2 bland threads to gain the trust of the main mod but then suddenly posted some real honest to goodness story where an asian got his come uppance [after tryin it on in some way ]

Some of these mods tend to be attention seekers, you'll find that most of them are lonely so dishing out a bit of authority now and again makes them feel important.

Back