Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Be more efficient

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Windowcleaner88

So I’ve now been window cleaning for about 3 years and thought I would share a few things that makes my life easier and work more efficient, not massively but definitely helps.

No.1 - telescopic ladder, so much quicker than getting the ladder of the van and great in tight spaces !

No.2 - Gardiner 4ft pole, perfect for bungalows and tight spaces a real time saver plus it’s so light and easy on the body.

No.3 - Gardiner gutter scoops, fits perfectly in gutters to scoop all the **** to one side brilliant it you can’t quite fit a gutter vac nozzle between shallow tiles.

No.4 - high water flow, no messing about scrub rinse done.

No.5 - Gardiner back pack, sometimes it’s so much quicker just to use the back pack than drag 100m of hose through alleys.

There’s probably more but these ones come to mind. Anyone have any more to add?

A hotwater van system at least 500 litres. Two man system is handy in case one breaks down. A big van with 1200kgs payload. Electric hose reels. Extreme poles because they are light and a 35cm brush. Triple extension ladder which can be fitted inside van. Van Arma D Locks on side and back doors. 100 metres of pole hose on reels. Hi flow rate so its great for rinsing. Hard toed training shoes and trousers with plenty of pockets. I think I have come to near the top of efficiency after 5 years cleaning.

For me tubeless is a must. Reduces a lot of muck draged up the pole as it's cleaned every time wind in. Means I can store several poles in van without lots of tube everywhere from each pole. And makes swapping poles out insanely fast.
What do you mean by tubeless ?

35cm Sill XTREME Brush - DuPont TaperTec Hybrid brush - so much quicker.
Electric reel & through floor rollers.
@Skxawng tubless system.
van key on lanyard so easy to lock and unlock without having to reach into pocket to get key.
@ched999uk I was thinking about your post about the 35cm sill Xtreme brush. I've bought the flocked one and really like it. I have it with 1.4mm pencils in the outer jet holes and 50⁰ fans in the middle. So far so good and very useful on larger windows obviously.

Will have to check out the tubeless kit now ?.

@ched999uk I was thinking about your post about the 35cm sill Xtreme brush. I've bought the flocked one and really like it. I have it with 1.4mm pencils in the outer jet holes and 50⁰ fans in the middle. So far so good and very useful on larger windows obviously.

Will have to check out the tubeless kit now ?.
Nice, must admit that I am using the 35cm sill extreme on virtually all my work. I like it so much I keep swapping it between poles! I am thinking next time I place a Gardiners order it might be the flocked version as that would cover the rest of my work. I will have to try the fan jets as I think I have a slightly faulty 1.4mm pencil as the jets are not all even 1 is a fraction low.:) I like the tubless as I have 3 poles and it just means I have to disconnect at the bottom of the pole and reel in the full length of pole hose, running it through a cloth at the same time. No messing about coiling pole hose up and hanging it somewhere to get caught in the other brushes etc. I did but an extra hose end connector and put this on a spare pole hose which I also use on my backpack to connect to the poles. That saves having to disconnect the pole hose from my reel hose, not that it's difficult as the rectus is protected in another of Rootek designs Tuff Connect.

I know I have mentioned @Skxawng products a few times but as someone who 3D prints themselves I appreciate how much work he has put in to the designs and the amount of testing that he must have carried out.

Nice, must admit that I am using the 35cm sill extreme on virtually all my work. I like it so much I keep swapping it between poles! I am thinking next time I place a Gardiners order it might be the flocked version as that would cover the rest of my work. I will have to try the fan jets as I think I have a slightly faulty 1.4mm pencil as the jets are not all even 1 is a fraction low.:) I like the tubless as I have 3 poles and it just means I have to disconnect at the bottom of the pole and reel in the full length of pole hose, running it through a cloth at the same time. No messing about coiling pole hose up and hanging it somewhere to get caught in the other brushes etc. I did but an extra hose end connector and put this on a spare pole hose which I also use on my backpack to connect to the poles. That saves having to disconnect the pole hose from my reel hose, not that it's difficult as the rectus is protected in another of Rootek designs Tuff Connect.

I know I have mentioned @Skxawng products a few times but as someone who 3D prints themselves I appreciate how much work he has put in to the designs and the amount of testing that he must have carried out.
That’s good how fast you have got used to using the bigger brush. I nearly bought the DuPont one, but went for flocked purely because of how much I like the bristles (I have the DuPont supreme though and really like it).

The tubeless sounds a great idea, and I always like things that make work processes a bit slicker/smoother if you see what I mean.

I bought @Skxawng rectus protectors and they are ace ?.

D
For me tubeless is a must. Reduces a lot of muck draged up the pole as it's cleaned every time wind in. Means I can store several poles in van without lots of tube everywhere from each pole. And makes swapping poles out insanely fast.
Don't you carry a cloth on you away from the van to wipe pole hose?

I carry cloth on me all the time pole is wiped as I gather it up in between doing the fronts and backs or onto another job my pole won't get extended without the pole hose been 99.9% clean

D

Don't you carry a cloth on you away from the van to wipe pole hose?

I carry cloth on me all the time pole is wiped as I gather it up in between doing the fronts and backs or onto another job my pole won't get extended without the pole hose been 99.9% clean
Interesting, I had never thought of cleaning the pole hose before extending the pole. Doesn't that sort of take 3 hands? 1 to hold pole, 1 to hold cloth and a 3rd to pull the hose through and hold the clean hose?
I can see how that would help keep your pole clean but it's your method that could be interesting.
How do you do it?

Interesting, I had never thought of cleaning the pole hose before extending the pole. Doesn't that sort of take 3 hands? 1 to hold pole, 1 to hold cloth and a 3rd to pull the hose through and hold the clean hose?
I can see how that would help keep your pole clean but it's your method that could be interesting.
How do you do it?
I would assume the pole hose and cloth will be in the hand holding the base section

How do you do it?
I always thought you were one of the most intelligent people on here, this now under review. ?

Latest Posts

Back