Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are window cleaners still allowed to work during Coronavirus (Covid-19)?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm still holding of anyway  wait till end of week. If they say we can work,will they give us a package like others? Or say you could have worked.
By the end of the week things will have got ramped up further and the restrictions for the idiots cramming on to the Tube a lot tighter and also for those across the UK, people wonder why it got out of control in Wuhan well if it was out like what's going on in London right now on public transport then by the end of the week London will see a major crackdown

I have been out since 7am and have seen all trades working, builders, scaffolders, joiners, sparkies, utility workers.

I have been to a contractor site induction at the local University (they have not shut), carried out a gutter clearance on the Uni Principles house, He moved his car for me. We stayed about 4 meters away from one another..

I also picked up my van as it was in the garage last night, the garage is open... His parts supplier is open.

Greggs Bakery was open, B&M, even saw a small cafe open...

Loads of people walking very close together walking dogs/running/cycling.

Must be good to work if you see your local scrap men rolling about licking their fingers whilst eating crisps ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I will use time to finish putting up new fence the take everything out of van insect clean and repair anything that looks a bit grotty so when were given the all clear can hit the ground running may even clean my own windows but on other hand better not be too hasty wife might want them doing regularly .

Well I've cut the front and back grass and stained the back fence. Never worked this hard in years ?
I’ve cleaned all the gutters facias soffits and windows outside , thought I better not do to much as I will have nothing to do for the rest of the 3 weeks , which I expect will be extended , got insides to do , and re build an ionics thermopure system to put in another van so that will keep me occupied for a bit but cannot get some bits that I need, but have a good stock of other things so will go as far as I can 

I have been out since 7am and have seen all trades working, builders, scaffolders, joiners, sparkies, utility workers.

I have been to a contractor site induction at the local University (they have not shut), carried out a gutter clearance on the Uni Principles house, He moved his car for me. We stayed about 4 meters away from one another..

I also picked up my van as it was in the garage last night, the garage is open... His parts supplier is open.

Greggs Bakery was open, B&M, even saw a small cafe open...

Loads of people walking very close together walking dogs/running/cycling.
Lol totaly different down hear only supermarkets and petrol stations open all garages are shut and the Main Street is deserted only boots open 

By the looks of it you are aloud to work atm.  I'm not cause I don't want to spread it if I did pick it up. I'm not slating anyone who needs to work but I don't.  I drive a old shape Scudo with a DIY system that was all payed with cash. I live in a council flat so will get my rent payed.  I'll probably be all right for about a year. If I lose any work cause of all this do be it I'll just replace it. 

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon told MSPs it was not possible to provide a "bespoke guidance" for each occupation but she gave some examples and general principles.

It is employers who should make decisions. "It should not be up to employees to anguish over whether they should be going into work," she said

Non-essential shops are now required to close along with cafes, bars and restaurants

Key strategic sites that cannot easily be shut down such as steel works can continue to work if they can maintain safe distancing between staff, and safe operating numbers

If it is possible for a staff member to work from home, they should do so

If staff cannot work from home, employers should ask themselves this question: "Is your business contributing something right now that is essential to the fight against coronavirus, for example making medical supplies or essential items, or something essential to the wellbeing of the nation such as food supplies?"

Employers should also ask themselves whether they can operate in line with safe social distancing practice and normal health and safety. If they cannot answer yes, they should close.

Building sites should close, unless it involves an essential building such as a hospital.

People working alone, providing community services such as gardeners or window cleaners can continue to work.

As I said on a previous post, anyone that has a mortgage needs to speak to their mortgage provider now, not wait till when the ? is hitting the fan.

Hopefully this won't drag on, but it looks like it will, so it's probably best to find out exactly where you stand now.
The lockdown will be more than three weeks if people ( not just window cleaners) carrying on working which is why boris Johnson will need to tell us what he is going to do to help the self employed tonight's. 

By the looks of it you are aloud to work atm.  I'm not cause I don't want to spread it if I did pick it up. I'm not slating anyone who needs to work but I don't.  I drive a old shape Scudo with a DIY system that was all payed with cash. I live in a council flat so will get my rent payed.  I'll probably be all right for about a year. If I lose any work cause of all this do be it I'll just replace it. 
look at my post on page 20 you may be interested Safe Hygiene Solutions good luck stay safe steve

Driving about when it's non essential work may backfire with your customers who may be struggling and you might run them up the wrong way. 

I've decided to stay put but on the plus side I have a hgv licence, I've rang about a job driving NHS medical supplies in the Midlands. I take my docs in later today and start on Monday full time so I'm one of the very lucky ones. Hope everyone can make a back up plan . 
Too true. Also presume most will be in the house with kids etc. never did like cleaning them with a house full. just hope over quick as poss as I wont get much ssp. Only this tax year started to get half decent but not even time to do return for this year yet.

Firms that text customers the day to tell them the clean will happen, can warn customers to keep a safe distance.. Keeping in line with Sturgeon. 

Firms that dont text to say the clean is happening are putting themselves more/customers more at risk as they might bump into the customer. 

A lot of people are out gardening, lots of Karcher people out his morning as well...

Booger.

I will have to get back to work when the wife reads that.

Joking aside I'm not sure how many customers will want me round these days but hopefully will get out for a bit to stop myself going stir crazy.
Hahaha! 

We've decided to text all customers before hand, so they can opt out. And no cash payments, they'll need to contact me to arrange payment but I'm keeping it too a minimum.

Matt Hancock has just said to the House Of Commons:  "Those who ABSOLUTELY cannot work from home SHOULD go to work - we need to keep the country running.  Provided they can work within the government guidelines of social distancing"

No qualification of "Key workers" or anything like it, even mentioned construction workers amongst others should be at work.

GREEN LIGHT  get back to work!!!!!!

Back