Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are window cleaners still allowed to work during Coronavirus (Covid-19)?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do

Government document has now been released about going to work, clear as crystal! We can work safely. Read answers to questions 4,5,6
Point 13 about going to the park I dont think is accurate as it’s just been said again today that all parks are closed ?.. they certainly are down hear ?... , also as I have stated numerous times the police are sending ones home  around hear unless they are key workers , wether that’s right or wrong that’s what’s happening and that advice has come from the chief constable on tv over the last couple of days down hear , and that’s what his officers are enforcing  

Point 13 about going to the park I dont think is accurate as it’s just been said again today that all parks are closed ?.. they certainly are down hear ?... , also as I have stated numerous times the police are sending ones home  around hear unless they are key workers , wether that’s right or wrong that’s what’s happening and that advice has come from the chief constable on tv over the last couple of days down hear , and that’s what his officers are enforcing  
parks still open here for now. Also suffolk police said I could still work. But I presume individual police will differ over their interpretations. 

Yeh I walked past a Normally popular play park yesterday, had a sign on the gate with a locked chain around it. 

You need to all stop focussing on what the media says and focus solely on what the government says. They are the law. 
Oh no no no, Government is NOT the law!  They may draft the law though and seek Parliamentary approval ?

The law is independent of Government, hence the Government being taken to the High Court al the time for various matters ?

The parks in London are not shut. Was on the news saying only the under twelves are allowed to take their bikes in the park now as there were too many cyclists congregating at the gates off the park. Some are shut by me some are not. 

As far as I know there is no confusion, far more apt word to chaos, there are people that are preaching morality and there are people following the law. If anyone is confused please go to Gov.uk and the law, as it stands now, will be clarified.
I think the confusion is likely down to the poor co-ordination between the various Govt Departments and the Cabinet Office along with Number 10's speech writers in getting the Ministerial Statement and Guidance out.  There were many mistakes made but these have now been rectified ?

Oh no no no, Government is NOT the law!  They may draft the law though and seek Parliamentary approval ?

The law is independent of Government, hence the Government being taken to the High Court al the time for various matters ?
There are no laws covering the Corona Virus we follow Government advice.

Finally, some clear guidelines from the government! 

Still a personal choice to all if they work or not but at least it is settling the 'legality' matter now!
And still conflicting things are said though. Radio 2 this morning were repeating warnings including ‘only go out for essential work’. ?

That doesn’t mean essential as in we need the money before anyone comments ?

I thought it was clear from Boris speech last Monday as I stated after his speech. That is why I have been working safely following the guidelines. 

Back