Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are window cleaners still allowed to work during Coronavirus (Covid-19)?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Don't forget there is 3 members on here not working but we have no choice because we are staff ? I get the feeling some members just want to say to others Suffolk off then ?

Over 1,500 replies to this topic going over old ground and round and round, I sometimes feel like saying Norfolk's this am off ? 
Correct. This is getting ridiculous, going round and round in circles with no consensus.....

Let's close this thread and start a .........WFP versus Trad debate.?

Only just catching up on this, I’m still 50/50 but I have staff that rely on me for their income and I’m following the guidance of my customers. 

I send out a message the night before explaining what we are doing and to let us know if they want us to come or not

As for guidance, I found this on the gov.uk site that specifically states only public venues and non essential SHOPS have been asked to close

I'm not getting involved in anyone’s judgement calls, that’s not my place, but if you want government guidance that’s the clearest I’ve seen

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/guidance-for-employers-and-businesses-on-coronavirus-covid-19#keeping-your-business-open

166D382F-019F-4E36-BF39-7FEF6A404222.jpeg

Or take the money in your house, or breathe in while you're near it. If you choose to work, cash should definitely be out of favour
I know I have a £90  cheque lying at the front door from the post 2 days ago,still in its envelope, it can stay there for a bit longer.

Hopefully not this. Not my van nicked it from FB, Got a lot of stick for working Tuesday. Another local shiner got nothing and carried on, till Friday. Still debating 

Xpic001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I will keep this short and sweet.

From what I have just seen and heard through conversation, anyone going out to work from now on until a relaxing of the guidelines, had better be prepared for some serious flak heading their way. That's it, I have no more to say and I am now bowing out before the forum bully shows his fat face, and we all know who that is don't we? Good luck and goodbye.

I will keep this short and sweet.

From what I have just seen and heard through conversation, anyone going out to work from now on until a relaxing of the guidelines, had better be prepared for some serious flak heading their way. That's it, I have no more to say and I am now bowing out before the forum bully shows his fat face, and we all know who that is don't we? Good luck and goodbye.
He's away again! ? Any one called Andy, called my father must be a no rickter.

There really are some idiots about  :banghead3:  ?

A motorist was stopped by a motorway patrol on a 224-mile round trip to buy a £15 item off eBay, police said.

The driver travelled from Coventry to collect the eBay purchase of windows in Salford, Greater Manchester, despite the public being warned only to make "essential" journeys due to the coronavirus pandemic.

After picking up his purchase in Salford, unfortunately the driver's wife could not fit in the vehicle for the two-hour return journey south.

She was travelling in the boot of the car when they were pulled over by a motorway patrol on the M6 in Cheshire, according to a tweet by the North West Motorway Police Twitter feed.

Officers wrote out a Traffic Offence Report for the driver.

There really are some idiots about  :banghead3:  ?

A motorist was stopped by a motorway patrol on a 224-mile round trip to buy a £15 item off eBay, police said.

The driver travelled from Coventry to collect the eBay purchase of windows in Salford, Greater Manchester, despite the public being warned only to make "essential" journeys due to the coronavirus pandemic.

After picking up his purchase in Salford, unfortunately the driver's wife could not fit in the vehicle for the two-hour return journey south.

She was travelling in the boot of the car when they were pulled over by a motorway patrol on the M6 in Cheshire, according to a tweet by the North West Motorway Police Twitter feed.

Officers wrote out a Traffic Offence Report for the driver.
Aye, the police said it was curtains for him, lucky he brought his windows with him and the bag was in the boot. ?

Back