Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best gloves for wfp cleaning? Warm, waterproof and durable?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Luke Macclesfield

Hi guys. 

Me again looking for some invaluable advise. Dunno what I’d do without this site, it’s really helped me out over the last year! Unfortunately I don’t know any “trustworthy” experienced window cleaners personally to help me out. 

I bought some of them showa 282 gloves 2-3 months ago, they were spot on to start with but recently they have been letting a bit of water in and absolutely stink! ?? So I need to reinvest in some more, I know a few people recommended them showa gloves to me before. Does anyone know of any decent ones that will last longer? Or would it be a case of buying a couple of pairs of them showa gloves per year? 

Many thanks, Luke. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used the skytec argon and the Showa 282, prefer the Showa overall. Skytec ones were fine but are more breathable and tighter for my liking, Showa have been a dream since I put them on. 

Even had a customer comment on my Showa gloves last week, let her try them on for size and she's digging to buy a pair as she really suffers from cold hands is time year out walking etc. Probably will never buy them but her face said it all! 

I love seal skins but they fall apart in 2 months and there expensive. 

Skytec argon are great, I find sometimes when you take them off the liner comes out, but there really cheap, warm and keep you dry ?

Back